That time of the year I guess

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by DTR rex, May 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

Hey there everyone.

I am relatively new here and I have started cutting for the first time ever. I used to powerlift so I was always into just bulking, but now I am getting out of that scene and would really like to get more cut up for personal satisfaction. I just have a few comments and questions.

1) basically this is my first time cutting and I have only been doing so for about 4 days (basically just started). I am just wondering if it typically gets easier or harder as you go along? The first couple days were pretty hard, but it seems as long as I allow myself one or two cheat meals a week and always have good cutting food on tap it has been getting easier. So is this going to be easier or harder as I go along generally?

2) My diet has more or less consisted of: boneless skinless chicken breasts with sauces, salads, low fat pretzels, kashi cereals and other stuff. I have cut down my portion sizes as well and I am taking shits like 30min - 1hour after every meal. My metabolism seems to have increased significantly, is this normal for first time cutters?

3) I have always been supplement free, but since I am cutting I am going to need an extra source of protein since I am not eating as much. I intend to begin taking protein, but would it be a bad idea to take creatine while cutting? Science says yes, but I was just looking for personal opinion.

Sorry guys, I dont have a b/f% or anything, nor do I have shirtless pics of myself. I only have a couple pics of me while posing with my car.
    my current lifts are:
    bench=405
    deadlift=550
    I dont squat any longer

5' 10" currently at 208lbs shooting for 185-190lbs

here are a couple pics (sorry I have shirtless ones and digicam is broken, this is the best I can do to give you an idea of my body type)

[​IMG]

2. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

another pic.

[​IMG]

3. elysium

elysium New Member

says i need a login

4. Socrates

Socrates New Member

You don't take protein. It's a food, you don't take hamburgers, do you?

It's hard to tell with your shirt on, but if you really bench 405, you must be really damn big. You'll look great when you get done cutting!

5. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

I used to power squat often back in high school but I noticed my legs getting rather large and I train in various martial arts and the heavy squating was killing my flexability and kicking speed. I now only to basic strength traning in my legs like ham curls and light leg presses... most of my leg work outs come from running and martial arts traning.

6. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

I have never taken any supplement before. Just never felt I needed to, but now that I am cutting I feel I will need it. I am hoping that if my lifts and size is where its at now, that if I get on Creatine and protein I can see fairly significant gains :)

yeah, sorry about the shirt pic its all I have, but yes I do bench 405 (max). I hope the cutting thing goes well. As for the second pic that cannot be viewed, I dont have a paying membership so I cant upload it and for some reason it will not let me use an IMG tag to insert it

7. Atenza6i

Atenza6i New Member

tinypic.com -_-

if you were able to get those kinds of numbers without supp's, i'm sure you can lose fat without supps also. :big grin:

8. SteveO

SteveO Guest

nice numbers

9. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

I do not intend to get on protein and creatine in order to produce better results for fat loss. Now that i am cutting I will be eating significantly less and will need more protein in my diet so I am going to need to take protein to make up for that loss of food intake in order to not lose muscle while cutting.

hey guys, you never answered: Will getting on creatine while cutting negatively affect my cutting results? I hear mixed results on this and whether or not there is a significant bloating problem
    thanks

10. SteveO

SteveO Guest

no, if anything it will help you maintain strength. You will look a little more bloated, but after 2-3 weeks of not taking creatine the bloat will disapear and you'll look more ripped than ever

11. Atenza6i

Atenza6i New Member

i was just messing around. i am in the cutting process and i take 2-3 shakes a day with 2 scoops of ON each with 12oz water.

good luck man.

12. ryazbeck

ryazbeck New Member

In my opinion cutting gets easier as you go along because you start to adapt to the deficit of calories. Your sanity starts to take a toll though, thats really the only reason I eat cheat meals so that I can be pumped for the next week that I'm going to be eating so little.

The only thing that sucks about cutting is you're probably going to look at yourself alot and you wont notice results very quickly. It usually takes atleast 2 - 3 weeks before you see anything significant in the least, but just rest assured that if you're consistent and persistent it WILL come off. I used to be a bit chubby when I first started working out. I got pretty big then I decided I wanted the fat off my stomach. I went for 6 weeks very strict VERY low, like 1000 cals and less than 15g of carbs (unhealthy I know) and I went down from ~18% to ~12% and I've not gone over ~14% since then. I mean if I can do something so stupid and uncomfortable (literally my stomach would hurt half the day because it was so empty) as 1000cals and under 15g of carbs, anyone can do a simple ~2000 cal diet.

And now I know how simple it is to lose fat off my body and I'm doing it again now ha except ~2000 cals per day high carb. I think cutting is alot of fun to tell you the truth. Its motivating to me how even though I'm under 14% I still want to get lower and theres these people out there who are unhealthily obese but will not exercise or even consider eating something healthy.

13. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

So taking creatine while cutting will not stunt my visible results too much? I know I will probably get some bloating but will it be so bad that while I am cutting it will be unnoticable?

thanks again

14. ryazbeck

ryazbeck New Member

CEE supposedly doesnt cause bloating

15. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

hey guys:

Ok, I am only day 6 now I believe and its going pretty good. I gave myself one cheat meal for the week yesterday night (chicken caesar pita, and a few french fries) but since I ate very little earlier that day due to being busy I still managed to stay under 2k calories.

so anyways: I find myself being really hungry for a meal now, and when I start to eat, I dont feel like eating anymore once I actually start eating. and I will feel nauseous on and off with minor stomach craps and some gas and bloating.
    Is all this pretty normal when your body is adjusting to going from eating large portions and 3500 calories a day, to small portions and less than 2000 calories a day?

16. ryazbeck

ryazbeck New Member

ohh nukkah, i feel that all the time. i get those nasty hunger pains and just ignore em, haha its great. i try to stay under 2k calories, every now and again i'll get up to 2500, but with lifting i'm definitely burning over 3000, maybe 3500 a day so im not worried, as long as im under maintenance. you want a cheap ass hunger suppressant, go to walmart and get this stuff, its like 6 bucks, has like a month worth of pills, they are all natural too and work good, dont make you jittery and stuff.

oh and thats not a cheat meal man. youcan eat WHATEVER you want as long as you stay under your maintenance. cheat meal = after 8pm eat a large pizza, 2 pints of ice cream, taco bell, and a couple beers.

17. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

Well I am currently on Hydroxy-cut. I know it doesn't due much for fat burning, but it give me energy and helps suppress hunger a bit and I get it pretty cheap due to a friend working at GNC.

18. Atenza6i

Atenza6i New Member

all that put together, considering the taco bell being a combo meal, would be way over my maintenance calories.

a typical cheat meal for me:

good ol' korean food prepared my mother. rice, marinated spare ribs, kimchi, spicy pork.

although i do go through 50 napkins drying all the oil out.

19. ryazbeck

ryazbeck New Member

damn man, that sounds like some goooooooooooood shit.

20. Atenza6i

Atenza6i New Member

you have no idea.

i'll take pics next time.

my mom ordered a bushel of crabs for this saturday. only $70 too.

i wonder what the nutrition facts of crabs are. not that i'd care, just curious. i'm probably going to kill half a bushel by myself.

bushel of maryland blue crab + sufficient old bay + 2 cans of beer + steam until crabs are bright red + eat all night long and smell liek crab forever = profit.

21. ryazbeck

ryazbeck New Member

1 cup:
    Total Fat 2.07g
    Saturated Fat 0.267g
    Polyunsaturated Fat 0.796g
    Monounsaturated Fat 0.328g
    Cholesterol 117.02mg
    Sodium 707.45mg
    Potassium 379.21mg
    Total Carbohydrate 0g
    Dietary Fiber 0g
    Protein 23.64g
    Alcohol 0g

22. Atenza6i

Atenza6i New Member

wtf....

if thats the nutrition facts for crab...

that means if i had benjamin's coming out of my urethra, i'd be living on crab for the rest of my life, who cares about it tasting so dam good.

23. ryazbeck

ryazbeck New Member

thats some damn nutrition food huh?

seafood is the shit

24. Atenza6i

Atenza6i New Member

im gonna ask my mom to order another bushel so i can start blending crabs whole and mixing the puree in with my protein shakes.

25. ryazbeck

ryazbeck New Member

unnngh, thats hardcore right there. try that shit with tuna, dirtysouthboy did that shit, he said it was disgusting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.