That next step...

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Miss Red, Sep 22, 2007.

1. Miss Red

Miss Red New Member

Will you marry me? I am so ready to hear that. I have posted about this before, but it's been on my mind lately. I usually just lurk but I felt the need to ask the woman of the vag how they get over being a little engagement hungry. I have been best friends with my SO for 3 years and we've been dating for a year, and living together for just over 6months. I love him a lot, and we do talk about it, I am just so ready for that. Any advice? Serious only please...

2. demosnat

demosnat New Member

How old are you guys?
    Why do you want to get married? This is an honest question

3. ass_kicker32

ass_kicker32 New Member

agreed. Dont rush into it because society says you should be married...

Being great friends really helps, though, so it seems you would be fine...

4. jonno

jonno New Member

too soon

5. fray

fray New Member

I get that way every so often. I'll go a month straight thinking about it and then it goes away. I don't have any advice to help really. I know I don't want to force him, so I try not to bring it up. When I was in a thinking about it mood I decided to go look at rings, I found what I liked and told him when you're ready, here's what I want, but if it's in a few years, that's ok. I don't know...that made me feel better, like there was nothing more I could do. It would happen when the time is right. Now I'm back to not obsessing about it.

6. Miss Red

Miss Red New Member

Yeah it does come in waves, and it really sucks....

7. kiri

kiri New Member

no need to rush, you guys have your whole lives to be married. 6 months of living together is pretty short... just enjoy how your relationship is going without worrying about whether you're bf/gf or husband/wife. it will happen when the time is right :)

8. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

Why are you in such a hurry? You've only been together for a year, that's nothing. Why can't you just enjoy the relationship the way it is right now? What will being married really do for you?

9. lauren

lauren Active Member

it's easy when you work with white trash. :o

10. Dethfat

Dethfat New Member

this is my word of advice, nobody says you have to get married so please for your own sake, dont rush into it ok?

11. Drifter87

Drifter87 Yippi-kay-ay, Motherfucker

Why don't you propose to him?

12. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

:werd: I don't care that you've been best friends for 3 years. You've only been together a year and moved in at 6 months? What's the fucking hurry?

13. lauren

lauren Active Member

you could extrapolate that out 5 years...10 years. each to their own.

14. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

How old are you guys?

Either way, he is just probably trying to get a feel for things before the relationship moves to the next level. I know that I would not be asking a girl to marry me after only dating a year and living together for six months... even if we were best friends for 3 years.

Marriage is a huge step and it is better to wait until both people are 100% sure.

15. Miss Red

Miss Red New Member

we're 23. im not rushing, its more of a want to plan and have the wedding. im usually one of the guys, but im having a girly moment here. its also hard because everyone around us is getting engaged. we have 7 weddings to go to next year

16. Kirbys Autumn

Kirbys Autumn Mrs. Kirby McSpic

lol, 7 weddings! I've never heard of so many weddings to go to. But, just because you're friends are doing it doesn't mean you have to. I know it's very tempting, I also have some friends that are getting married (And I'm younger). Sometimes my boyfriend and I talk about marriage, we've been together almost a year, but we were good friends before we started going out. But, right now we're just looking forward to moving in together. There's no rush, you have the rest of your life to be married. Remember it's just a paper and a party when you think about it. (you don't have to be married to know you love each other)

17. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Fuckin .

18. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

A lot of the people you know are getting married at or around age 23?

I am just about 22 and a majority of my friends are 21-25 and not a single one is married. I mean, I kinda planned to married by 25/27-ish but that was because I was dating a girl for many many years that I knew I wanted to marry... I felt I would have been very out of place even being married at that young of an age.

Either way, you're entitled to your girlie moments.... But if you don't want to rush the idea then just find a release for it. Perhaps pick up a wedding catalog and look through it and pick out stuff you "would" buy if you were getting married.
    Then again, I am a dude and have no idea if that will work, lol.