Thanks! (fat loss)

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by ZeroDeeFeX, Oct 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZeroDeeFeX

ZeroDeeFeX OT Supporter

I've never really posted here, but I want to thank you guys for all the information you have. When I started the summer, after finals I went for a physical and my doctor weighed me in somewhere between 206 and 209. I am 5'10" and I was shocked that I had let myself get so fat. I have broad shoulders but I still should not have been anywhere near that big.

My doctor was also concerned because my family has a history of heart problems on both sides. My mom had a stroke last November which devestated my family and this February my dad, who works out every day and eats ridiculously healthy, who has always had an extremely strong heart and excellent cholesterol levels and blood pressure, had to have triple bypass surgery because the odd twists of the arteries of his heart (not like a normal person's at all) had caused blockage. I am 23 and my doctor straight up told me that I should start trying to be healthy now so that I wouldn't have problems lateri n life.

My workouts have been simple, free weights, low reps, high weight 4 times a week, crunches and pushups every morning and running (mix between jogging and sprinting) at least 3-4 times a week.

My diet has followed the recommended diet for cutting, and I thought it was bogus at first. Honestly, I noticed a difference but wasn't sure how much it was.

This morning I weighed in at 185. I still have some more to go before I am satisfied as I still feel pretty chunky, but I feel so much better now that I am not a giant fat ass anymore. Thank you broly people and your advice. I know I will never be some super chisled muscle bound man, but I want to be healthy. Knowing that my cholesterol is extremely good, my blood pressure is excellent and my body is healthy means more to me than you can know.

cliffs: family history of heart problems, was 206-209 beginning of summer, 185 now and still going thanks to OT F&N crew.

2. AznRyda

AznRyda キモかわいい!

congratulations. any progress in the right direction is commendable.

3. Maestro Nobones

Maestro Nobones Great Job! - GLAD DADS CREW

good work chum, now hit the weights harder.

IBBulk

4. Phlab

Phlab OT Supporter

Hey, it can happen

McWOOOORRRRRLLLLDDD

5. leb

leb OT Supporter

got any pics?

6. cpz

cpz I'm OG on and off OT

congratulations and keep it up

7. armond

armond New Member

GJ man!

8. Mojo

Mojo New Member

congrats.

doesn't fish oil help with cholesterol? ask your doctor about any medication or supplements you can take to prevent this happening to you.

9. ZeroDeeFeX

ZeroDeeFeX OT Supporter

Hey, yeah, my doctor suggested fish oil and eating things with all sorts of healthy cholesterol. I have a list and I eat some bits from it every day.

Unfortunately, I don't have any pics, but I have had to buy new pants and belts and I can fit into shirts I haven't worn in a long time without looking like a fat man trying to wear fitted clothes.

10. ZeroDeeFeX

ZeroDeeFeX OT Supporter

bwhahahahahahahaha. I wish I could be ripped, but for now my goal is to be at least normally slim and deal with whatever else I want to do after that. I still have at least another 10-15 lbs to go, but I know I can make it there.

11. GND

GND BBP! OT Supporter

:cool: and congrats. :bigthumb:

12. ZeroDeeFeX

ZeroDeeFeX OT Supporter

thank you :).

A couple of friends haven't seen me since the beginning of summer and they were shocked when they saw the difference :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.