Thank You.

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Tetragrammaton, Oct 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tetragrammaton

Tetragrammaton New Member

just wanted to say thank you for this forum. it's really been an inspiration (this thread especially).

i've lifted on and off but nothing ever serious, i played lacrosse in college (graduated in may) so that helped keep my weight in check but i never really lost any weight (extremely poor diet and i was a bench warmer so no real motivation). This past winter i fucked up my knee just bad enough so I couldn't condition for the spring season, so i basically sat the season out, played WoW and added a spare tire around my waist.

I've always been a big guy (+200lbs since high school) and i'm fucking tired of it. My weight has been the root of all my problems (self esteem, women, etc.) I rarely if ever pose for pictures and refuse to even look at photos i'm in. I also haven't stepped on a scale in close to 2 years (until today, 252.5 :wtc:).

I've been a diet coke w/ splenda addict for a solid 2 years as well, while i know it's better than regular coke, i'm pretty sure it's not the healthiest habit in the world. So i cleaned out my fridge, poured every can down the sink drain. Just water now.

I think im ready to go and get serious about making a change tommorrow. I went out and bought a ton of supplies...food steamer (for veggies & fish), blender, measuring kit (just got my own place so i didnt have most of this stuff yet), ON Protein Pro Complex, Fish Oil, Purecee, Beta-alanine, Thermorexin (all hardcore supps courtesy of Anafit.com). Gonna hit the grocery tommorrow and grab some fish, lean meats (george forman ftw), oats, vegetables, etc. I'm still trying to figure out when i should be taking the supplements throughout the day.

From what i've read so far, the 10x3 routine coupled with HIIT for cardio sounds pretty badass. I'd love some feedback. My goal is to drop a solid amount of weight (50+lbs.) while adding muscle for my high school reunion next summer.

look for a training log soon (with pics :run:)

2. daneeyah

daneeyah Guest

Go you! :bowdown:

3. Rumbaar

Rumbaar Inherent Omniscience OT Supporter

Well making the hard decision to change and move forward is the hard part. Just don't over do it at the beginning and burn yourself out. Remember do things you enjoy and if you can get someone to train with you for motivation and support you'll be set!

4. TZ

TZ Banned

You're welcome :wavey:

5. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

Have you been working out at all or are you a complete noob to training?

6. nwmrkt

nwmrkt New Member

good luck, lots of people say what you just said , so you better stick with it.

7. Tetragrammaton

nah i know how to lift, was pretty consistent several summers ago (1 summer had a personal trainer buddy of mine who i worked with an hour a day 5 days a week for $10 a session)

i have the frame and some muscle (not all flab), just ready to put my nose to the grind stone

8. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

That's not what I was getting at....if you haven't been working out consistently then that routine's too much right now.

9. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

good luck with training, make sure to ease your way in like ceaze is basically saying... don't throw big weights around until you get your form down and everything.

since you really want to stay committed you should make a training log in the training log section, and what keeps me motivated a lot of times is reading sites like t-nation... even though I don't implement 95% of the stuff i read in their articles, it's just cool to read stuff about lifting, fitness, and diet in general and just get a better overall picture of what the hell we're all doing. Immerse yourself in it and you'll love every minute of training. Same goes for diet.

10. The Boy Bastard

The Boy Bastard Bewbie's??

:bigthumb: For being realistic and not asking how it can be done by Halloween or something like most people. Start with small goals to keep yourself motivated, something monthly or bi-weekly for now.

11. Tetragrammaton

what would you recommend? i'm open to all options at this point

12. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

Full body workouts 3 times a week, or a upper/lower split 3-4 times a week. Push/pull split would work too. Reps scheme would be around 8-12 for most of the exercises.

13. Uglybob69

Uglybob69 I miss beer.

You seem like you've mad some major changes and are setting yourself up to do things right. All you need now is to keep the motivation and go to the gym on days where you want nothing more than to stay home and play battlefield 1942 till you can go plow your girlfriend later tonight

14. Memor

Memor Active Member

:rofl::rofl::rofl::werd:

15. Tetragrammaton

:rofl: swap battlefield 1942 & a GF for team fortress 2 & my left hand and you're dead on

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.