Thank you mailman

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Marcus, Jan 29, 2005.

1. Marcus

Marcus GReddy Built OT Supporter

just got in today :big grin:

[​IMG]

$110 shipped to my door in 4 days :wiggle:

Now I just gotta figure out how to use it all. I have a PC that I still have to use and some #80. My paint is in good condition, just has some micromarring from bad towels, and a minor scratch here and there.

From what I've read around here I will wash, clay, polish with 80 with the PC and polishing pad (?), then go over it with some VM or EX-P, and top it with maybe NXT?

And what towels do I use for what and when?? The real soft blue ones for removing polish and wax, right? Thanks in advance

IBScott

2. 6']['9

6']['9 New Member

yo dont need to use 80 if your going to use VM, and i wouldnt top EXP with NXT since theyre both sealants. EXP is a pure sealant w/ no cleaners and NXT isa polymer sealant with slight cleaning ability. So you can go 80/NXT or VM/EXP i havent tried 80/EXP or VM/NXT. Use the towels however you want. but your process sounds dead on.

3. Marcus

Oh, that's helpful. :) But I thought 80 was a paint cleaner and VM was more of a glaze to add shine, no?

4. 6']['9

6']['9 New Member

well the 80 is called speed glaze. it has abrasives which help it remove some marring but i wouldnt consider it a cleaner wax. VM has more of a cleaning effect, though not a lot there are slight cleaners in it. both add depth but the 80 will add more depth on solids imho.

5. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

I have to disagree with Jay about not needing #80 if you also have VM. #80 is definitely more aggressive than VM and will remove more defects. Use #80 with a polishing pad to remove defects, follow with VM to add even more oils to the paint and polish it even more finely, then if you want to use both NXT and EX-P, use NXT first, wait 24 hours then top with EX-P. NXT has very light cleaners in it (so it will bond better), while EX-P has none.

6. 6']['9

6']['9 New Member

i didnt know you could "layer" 2 glazes, thanks for the tip. Ill have to try that,

7. Scottwax

You aren't layering, just using #80 to remove defects VM can't, then VM to polish the paint even more, sort of like going from 1500 grit sandpaper to 2000 on wood.

8. Marcus

so I can get away with 80, VM, topped with NXT? 80 with polish pad, VM with polish pad, NXT by hand?

My car is pearl white and has few defects.

9. Scottwax

I'd apply NXT with a finishing pad. It is the one LSP that I prefer applying via PC.

10. Marcus

I'll give that a try then, thanks Scott!