A&P Thank You For Your Order

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by wizeguy4, Sep 25, 2008.

1. wizeguy4

wizeguy4 New Member

2. NOR*CAL

NOR*CAL OT Supporter

Tomorrow.

3. Girth

Girth ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ OT Supporter

Day after today

4. tetsuo

tetsuo And shepherds we shall be...

2 days after yesterday :eek5:

5. Jcolman

Jcolman OT Supporter

Just thinkin' about
    Tomorrow
    Clears away the cobwebs,
    And the sorrow
    Till there's none!

When I'm stuck a day
    That's gray,
    And lonely,
    I just stick out my chin
    And Grin,
    And Say,
    Oh

The sun'll come out
    Tomorrow
    So ya gotta hang on
    'Til tomorrow
    Come what may
    Tomorrow!
    Tomorrow!
    I love ya
    Tomorrow!

6. wizeguy4

wizeguy4 New Member

OTAP - Fixin yo English n shit, part time pcture taker for hire

7. wizeguy4

wizeguy4 New Member

well this went over well

8. xenon supra

xenon supra OT Supporter

9. Jbrown

Jbrown OT Supporter

:rofl: @ thread

10. NOR*CAL

NOR*CAL OT Supporter

The day before tomorrow is here :eek4:

11. wizeguy4

wizeguy4 New Member

So I called today to find out why I have not received an email concerning my order shipping.

I was told the system did not generate a tracking number yet. I asked how could this be, I called in the order yesterday at noon and was told that since the order was placed before 2:30pm that I would ship out that day and yet you are telling me that the order has not even picked up?

They said that was correct, the order has not shipped. I told them to cancel my order if this is how they run their business. they have my phone and email and know what they told me. I received no notice of this delay. It has been 26 hours. There is no reason for this. He told me that UPS picks up in an hour and that I can call back in an hour if I have not gotten an email to verify it. So I kept my order but I will not be reordering from mpex no more

12. wizeguy4

wizeguy4 New Member

Fuck MPEX.

I did not receive nothing today, so I call and get the tracking number. I go to verify the tracking number and the number they gave me was not valid. So I call them back again and get Mike in shipping. My package that I ordered Thursday morning will arrive by endo of day Tomorrow. I am in PA and they are in OH, 1 day away. and no email communication for none of this, only me being a pain in the ass calling

13. aCab

aCab New Member

That sucks man. I had nothing but good service when I ordered from them last February.

14. dmora

dmora Guest

ordering fromanyone but BnH scares me.

15. Jcolman

Jcolman OT Supporter

Adorama is a good place too.

16. FlashhslaF

FlashhslaF New Member

17. wizeguy4

wizeguy4 New Member

your questions are no more noobish then mine a few weeks ago;)

I have a 550ex and cactus wizards.

I take the flash stand and stick the umbrella swivel on it. I connect the PC cable I am buying and stick it on the cold shoe of the swivel, and mount the flash to the other side of the PC to hot shoe cable. I then plug the PC end into the receiver of the cactus wizards adn turn it on. Put the transmiter on top of the hot shoe of my camera and turn it all on and keep shutter under 1/200s and it works. stick umbrella into swivel and done.

18. wizeguy4

wizeguy4 New Member

I have bought from B&H, adorama, and Buydig and everythign was at my house the next business day.

although the best (i mean really the best) shipper has been Estes. They are a trucking company. I had 350 square feet of teak flooring trucked up from N. Carolina and from teh time I placed my order I received auto emails everytime my package moved. It was great. and when It arrived adn the guy told me it weight 1325 pounds I about shitmyself adn started callign friends,, cause teamsters dont touch the freight for shit

19. FlashhslaF

FlashhslaF New Member

thanks, I should really rewatch the OneLIGHT dvd.

I think i'm going to seriously invest in what you just bought. It seems like a good start to learning how to light subjects.

20. hurleyint1386

hurleyint1386 Someone has sand in their vagina

Sorry, I don't mean to be like the others, but this is just one of my pet peeves.

Otherwise, I hope you didn't pay for expedited shipping to get it quicker. If so, they should refund shipping charges to make up for it.

21. wizeguy4

wizeguy4 New Member

ok well I get the stuff and the stand is awesome. It says it is 9 feet but It actually extends from the floor to the brass insert in the end of the stand is 11 feet. Add teh swivel and umbrella and you have some reach.

The swivel is actually better lookign in person than the pic shows. The pic makes it appear flimsy when it is actually very solid. The hot shoe to PC adapter is what it is and perfroms like it should.

The only problem now is that the the cold shoe on the swivel and the bottom of the PC to hot hotshoe converter will slide together but it will not hold it down. there is no lockign mechanism. I was a bit ticked about that and called them today and they are sending me a replacement cold shoe to screw down the swivel and has a set screw on teh side for holding the other shoe to it.

However if you are buying everything to start, do not get teh swivel I listed above, get this one
    http://www.mpex.com/browse.cfm/4,9426.html

it is the same price and has the correct set screw on top.

total was 125 shipped

ibgramaticalspellchecker

22. IntheWorks

IntheWorks windin film.. takin pics Moderator

there in the middle of an overhaul for their online ordering/shipping and are still working things out. They're still fairly new to the whole online ordering thing. Up until a few years ago they were only a brick and mortar store. Next time(if there is one) call and speak to Moishe (pronounced Moysha) if you have a problem. I know I sent you their way, and I'm sorry it was a bad experience.

23. dmora

dmora Guest

i got a shopping list from the OneLight Dvd as well. :hsd:

24. wizeguy4

wizeguy4 New Member

I did not want to mention you cause you did give me a hand and I did not want to drag you in. But I did call in today and asked to speak to someone who could assist me in what I think should not be a big issue. I let them know they came highly recommended and quite frankly I expected better. I was put on hold and a Moishe came on the line and got me taken care of. He was a bit confused at first but put me on hold to grab some products and see what I was talking about, once he got that and figured out where I was coming from, finding a solution was rather quick

Provided I receive my stuff on Friday as I believe I should, I would most likely buy again. I realize that things happen and I must admit as ticked as I am/was, they definately did what they could to correct it. What I do like about them is they realize that not everyone is making tons of money or has tons of money to spend on camera gear and so they carry accessories that are decently priced with a range of them for many budgets. So they are not trying to rape you on accessories. Sometimes, that can be worht a headache, I suppose

25. IntheWorks

IntheWorks windin film.. takin pics Moderator

they were the 1st big sponsor of strobist... and they're one of the few stores left that cater to pro's, and average jo's. You can go in there and buy a cheapie lightstand, or a high dollar profot pack and head system. They've also got one of the best Large Format selections in the country.

and BTW..Moishe is Stu Applebaums son, Stu is the owner. Moishe is a great guy and will go out of his way to make sure each customer is happy... that's why I recommend and support them. LOL, moishe should start paying me.