A&P TFCD?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Kamekaze v.OT, Feb 7, 2010.

1. Kamekaze v.OT

Kamekaze v.OT New Member

I am about to start trying to put together a real portfolio and I was wondering what you pro's think of doing TFCD work. I have a make up artist looking to get some portfolio work and and the manager of a titty bar that needs some shots of his girls. I am kind of wary about doing it for free, but I am just starting and would love to get some free models and make up artist work... What do ya'll think?

2. HighTachPres

HighTachPres New Member

The pros do TF work if it's creatively mutual, usually more personal projects. However doing TF work as a starting photographer is a MUST. Aren't you just starting out?

3. Kamekaze v.OT

Kamekaze v.OT New Member

Yup.

4. HighTachPres

HighTachPres New Member

I recommend you do free work when starting out, but if they requested you and you have confidence in delivering what they want, then by all means hit em up :)

5. Kamekaze v.OT

Kamekaze v.OT New Member

The plan so far is to stipulate in contract the the photos are free for personal use only, using for advertising is a no-go without payment.

6. wizeguy4

wizeguy4 New Member

but arent you going to be using the photos of models you did not pay as advertising? To help build your port to get paying gigs in the future?

The whole TF scene is a 2 way street to me

Even tho there would be no money beign exchanged, I would still treat it as a real gig with contracts and all. Just include a print release also. Then you can also learn that end of the business while building the port

7. Kamekaze v.OT

Kamekaze v.OT New Member

I will be using (of course modified with my my name) to cover everything. Models will get finished pictures and printing rights.
    Getty model release
    Usage rights

8. High_Boost

High_Boost New Member

I think everyone starts out working for free.. how can you sell yourself when you dont have a protfolio?

I say do it, and bring me along, as I would like a chance to photograph nekid strippers! :naughty: