TF2 2.0 update v. uguu~

Discussion in 'Gamers' Pulse' started by TheGreat8, Sep 17, 2009.

1. TheGreat8

TheGreat8 OT Supporter

I'm not sure how I feel about a lot of these things. One thing that bothers me is the spy flame retardent suit. Spy is my second most played class, and imo is very powerful in non-competitive play and unless that suit has a huge drawback, the spy will almost be broken :hs: The engineer wrench is cool, it will help the engie become much better at forwarding really fast and being a general nuisance to the other team. Heavy cone getting smaller, will make the heavy more useful in competitive play but broken on pubs.

Heavy
    • [confirmed] The Heavy's new gloves are the Gloves of Running Urgently (GRU for short). It comes in three different variations, but its not sure which one will make the final cut for public implementation as they are all still being tested and new variations may appear. The current known variations are as follows:
    • GRU Beta 1: When weapon is active you receive a speed bonus but have -100 Max Health and -50% damage penalty.
    • GRU Beta 2: When weapon is active you receive a speed bonus but health from healers is reduced and there is a -50% damage penalty.
    • GRU Beta 3: When weapon is active it you receive a speed bonus but -6 health per second is drained and you do -50% damage.
    • [Confirmed] The heavy's minigun cone has been tightened; however there is no confirmation whether this change will remain permanent.
    • [confirmed] The sandvich has been changed to be tossable. Picking it up off the ground supposedly restores 50% hp. Tossing the sandvich makes the heavy loose it - but it can be regained by collecting a health kit while at full health.
    • [confirmed] Eating a sandvich via taunt restores a heavy to full health.
    Medic
    • [Confirmed]There are going to be some form of changes to the Medic's, Ubersaw/Blutsauger or original Syringe gun/Bonesaw. The current state of these changes are unclear save for a few that have been tested (and subsequently rejected by the beta testers), but most likely will be changed in favor of buffing the original weapons. A current list of proposed (but not confirmed) nerfs is as below:
    • Blutsauger Beta 1: Gives +3 Health per hit but has -25 Max Health on player
    • Blutsauger Beta 2: Gives +3 Health per hit but with -25% Damage
    • Ubersaw Beta 1: Gives 25% Ubercharge on hit, but -20% slower attack speed and -25% damage done
    • Ubersaw Beta 2: Gives 25% Ubercharge on hit, but -20% slower attack speed and -20 Health to medic on hit
    • The overhealer appears to have made a comeback. It now buffs players +50% health which doesn't decay, but heals at a rate of -50% as compared to the regular kritzkrieg and uber. It is currently unsure whether this will make it through the beta unchanged however.
    Pyro
    Scout Sniper

Engineer
    • [confirmed] The engineer's new wrench is the P.D.Q. which gives him a 150% boost to construction rate but prevents him from upgrading his buildings. Rate of repair appears unchanged as of the moment.
    Demoman
    • [unconfirmed] There are some proposed changes to the demoman and soldier's self-damage; however no specifics are available as of yet.
    Soldier
    • [unconfirmed] There are some proposed changes to the demoman and soldier's self-damage; however no specifics are available as of yet.
    Spy
    • [confirmed] The spy is apparently getting not one, but two suits. However, it is currently unsure if either of the suits will make it through the beta at all.
    • [confirmed] The first suit gives the spy 90% damage reduction from flames and takes the place of his revolver.
    • [confirmed] The second suit prevents the spy from igniting at all and like the first suit seems to take the place of his revolver. It does not remove flame damage however and the spy can still die if the pyro aims carefully enough.

This is all thats confirmed so far. I'm really hoping the engie gets more than just a wrench.

2. BlasterMaster

BlasterMaster Active Member

Where the hell did you get this

3. BlasterMaster

Oh and :ugh2: if true

4. Wthermans

Wthermans What does "New High Score" mean? Is that bad? Di

Either the TF2 forums or SA. There is a tester roaming the SA forums that keeps leaking information and it usually turns out to be true. If this is true, it says to me that Valve has run out of ideas on how to address the Soldier, Demo and Engi update and are instead giving buffs to classes that don't need it. The delay is getting extremely old.

5. procrastinator

procrastinator New Member

Where did this come from? Looks like fanboy fodder.

6. Clancer

Clancer New Member

Valve made a new blog post but nothing was said about any of this. And if it is true we probably arent going to see it until next year since the majority of the team is working on L4D 2 right now

7. forgotmyname

forgotmyname Active Member

That game keeps getting worse with every update.

8. TheGreat8

TheGreat8 OT Supporter

There's a russian tester leaking out info too, he even went as far as to post a video

[y]lpCr-5JRU2U[/y]

9. TheGreat8

TheGreat8 OT Supporter

I actually like the wrench idea. It could make for some interesting Engi play. But I agree, those buffs are weak, and not needed. Let's hope they don't ruin the game :hs: I mainly blame all the newbs on the steam forums, constantly crying when the fact is they really fucking suck at the game and should work at getting better instead of complaining HURR DERP THIS CLASS TOO POWERFUL, THAT CLASS TOO WEAK, etc. etc.

10. s34s0ns

s34s0ns OT Supporter

Those updates all seem pretty shitty, aside from the better heavy accuracy and spy suits.

Fuck them for nerfing battle medics... seems unneeded imo.

This kind of sucks.

11. s34s0ns

s34s0ns OT Supporter

QFT.

especially in a game where you have the option to play any class. if you think pyro's are too powerful, either play one or stand back and snipe the shit out of them.

fucking idiots.

either play the supposed op class or counter it.

Nerfs do nothing but take away enjoyment. better off buffing and enhancing enjoyment.

...rookie mistakes.

12. Wthermans

I don't think they're trying to nerf battle medics so much as trying to make the original Medic unlocks equal to the standard Medic loadout. It's been said for a long time that there's absolutely no reason to use the Syringe gun or Bonesaw when the Blutsauger and Ubersaw give such a huge advantage over their original counterparts.

13. s34s0ns

s34s0ns OT Supporter

then buff the originals a bit.

14. Wthermans

Then it unbalances the OG weapons compared to the OG weapons for the other classes (which means you have to do buffs for eleventy billion weapons instead of just nerfing 2).

15. BlasterMaster

:eek4:

16. s34s0ns

s34s0ns OT Supporter

do you think that medics using the weapon unlocks are OP'd right now? if they nerf the weapon unlocks, they will be weaker. which is unnecessary imo.

what's worse, hurting a class overall or having 2 starting weapons that aren't as powerful as unlocks.

17. Wthermans

OP'd compared to other classes? No. OP'd compared to the original weapons? Yes.

Unlocks are meant to be sidegrades that augment certain playstyles. Not completely overshadow their original counterparts.

18. henroid

henroid dayum

oh I dunno, I feel like most of the other upgrades are pretty well balanced versus their OG counterpart. The medic upgrade stuff was their first attempt at upgrades so I can forgive them if they go back on it - but it's much nicer to buff the OG weaps than to nerf the unlocks.

Although I'm cool with the ubersaw doing less damage - medics can't afford that hp loss

19. 1Move

1Move New Member

Man these changes really suck, except for the heavy. Medics are a weak enough attack class as they are, and its going to make spy such an annoying class without pyros being able to light them up properly.

20. White

White OT Supporter

Be prepared to ALWAYS hear, "SPY SAPPING MY SENTRY GUN" and some fag in game saying "OMG FLAMER GUARD MY SHIT"

21. Strife

Strife Active Member

You guys know the blutsauger and Sanvich change already went in on Tuesday right...

But yea this stuff has been out there for a long time. Alot of it is taking into account balancing for competitive play.

This is the thread that has been updated from inside sources with new changes:
    http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=930130

22. A Juggalo

A Juggalo Active Member

:werd: i liked the game just fine at launch.. idont know why they wanna add stupid shit like hats and shit. just gimme maps or something

23. Abomb

Abomb New Member

people still play this fail game?

24. wallydog11

wallydog11 New Member

troll your boat, faggot

25. Abomb

Abomb New Member

troll?

this game has become exponentially more fail after each subsequent patch and your undying and illogical love for this failboat of a game only further demonstrates to everyone your complete inability to discern quality from crap as well as your giant disconnect from reality.

cliffs: suck it.