Text Message help v.atextmessage

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Noah, Oct 14, 2005.

1. Noah

Noah The things we know best are the things we haven't OT Supporter

I got this text message tonight from a gal who has expressed an interest -

"You want the truth? My gut says we're not a good match for each other but part of me doesn't want to give up just yet."

My reply -

"What makes you think we aren't?"

Circular Logic FTL. Some OT'ers I've spoken to are saying that it's time to simply be more aggressive with her, others that she's just looking for attention. Thought that the Vag might have some thoughts as well.

:wavey: :)

2. purplebeast

purplebeast The depths of hell and endless torture await all h

She says-

"You want the truth? My gut says we're not a good match for each other but part of me doesn't want to give up just yet."

She means- Im so afraid of being hurt but I want to give you an opportunity. Please show me ur not like every other guy that has dicked me over.

3. Coco Monkey

Coco Monkey OT Supporter

she's playing hard to get.

4. lauren

lauren Active Member

i agree with this. she might just be afraid to put her gaurd down.

but not knowing the rest of the story.... dunno

5. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

so far this seems like the best answer.

This girl is playing games and setting up a test. Personally I think you should call her on it, cause if you don't you're gonna be jumping thorugh hoops the rest of the relationship, and if you do the worste that will happen is a relationship that would ahve been a major strain on you will never happen.

6. Noah

6.55a here...no reply to the text I sent her. I'm going to call her once I finish an interview later today and ask to see her tonight.

Suggestions for the best approach on reminding her that I'm "not like every other guy that has dicked her over?"

Thanks OT!

7. qft. shes telling you that shes scared but shes still willing to go for it, but you have to make her feel safe.

8. lauren

lauren Active Member

actions>words.
    it might just take some time....but the nice guy will come through.

9. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

I would not call her. Let her make the next move. Don't act desperate.

Besides, if you are not flirting with her, why should she hang out with you? Talking all serious and not having fun is like being her therapist, and that NEVER is attractive.

Be fun to be with, flirt, make her feel good - don't be an overly emotional psychologist.

10. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

That means, by the way, that you should call her up and tell her "Let's go out and get some drinks, shoot some pool, dance, have fun (whatever) okay? I'll pick you up at 9:00 - be ready."

11. XsLiCk

XsLiCk New Member

id most likely say that this is a boring girl who just wants attention... give her teh boot tahts all i have to say..

12. 1200mk

1200mk Still same OG

txt messaging FTL.

been there, done that.

13. Penny Lane

Penny Lane happy when it rains

Maybe it could be what everyone else has been saying....that she's just scared.

But what I thought of first was that it kind of sounds like a warning. Like, "I'm not ready to end this just yet, but don't get too attached." She knows she doesn't see it working long term but she's having fun with it for now, so she's letting you know not to expect too much so she doesn't seem like the bitch who led you on later.

Just another possibility. :dunno:

14. XGaSpAcHo

XGaSpAcHo New Member

if you don't get attached easily then go for it and be more aggressive otherwise i'd back off because you may fall for her and she'll decide it's not what she wants. i had a chick like that jus recently who couldn't make up her mind we kept going back and forth between friends and more than friends for about 4 months and then she finaly said lets try an open relationship. that worked for about 4 days up until the point where she messaged me and said she thinks she's falling in love with another guy.

15. Noah

Update -

Spoke with Katie this evening. She believes in her gut that we have such radically different personalities, that in the end we aren't compatible. I asked her to give an example of what she saw...but couldn't. This after only 4 dates, and plenty of "with-the-cloths-on" fun.

We met though CL, and the first time we saw each other, we were both thinking "dam she/he is cute." I think, all told, she got scared. That someone literally just shows up and bang! That it can't be that easy.

Reminded her that, while I think that she is jumping the gun, I'll respect her choice. I'm just dumb enough to think that she'll go a week and call/text/e-mail. We'll see.

:girls: Go figure them.

16. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

I don't know how to deal with that shit at all. I just get all logical about it.

"So you think we are not going to enjoy each other's company because we are different."
    "Yeah."
    "So do you not enjoy my company right now?"
    "No."
    "So what would be different."
    "That's not what I mean."
    "Oh. Well, what do you mean?"
    "I DON'T KNOW OKAY I BLEED FROM MY VAGINA EVERY MONTH GIVE ME A FUCKING BREAK."

17. surfer

surfer New Member

Oh dear. :rofl: :bowdown:

18. chica&buddies

chica&buddies Active Member

:bowdown: that's exactly the truth...

i know one of those... :o yeaaah, the ending didn't turn out so hot. :rofl: ahhh, the lessons life teaches us ;)