Text in Flash Program - Odd Effect

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by trlc463, Jul 16, 2006.

1. trlc463

trlc463 New Member

Hey all

I am having a problem and I'm hoping someone who is experienced in Flash could possibly help me?

First of all, I do NOT use Flash, I use a program called "Xivity" www.tivity.com (basically, what Dreamweaver is to HTML in Notepad, everything is done, need NO coding whatsoever)

Anyway, I hope that this can maybe be parallelled to a similiar problem in flash maybe?

What is happening is that in choosing a certain font, a weird, reddish like shadow surroundds the text like so:
    [​IMG]

What I see when I export to SWF is on the left, whereas what someone who has the program (who by the way sent me the file he used) is on the right ( www.henrymccoy.com/working_main.htm )

I am not sure if this is something wrong with the program? Or the fonts I use? Basically, any common font ( Arial, Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Times New Roman) will have that weird effect, whereas MS Serif and MS San-Serif seem to be the only ones that work

Anyway, does this sort of think happen in Flash as well?

Please post any questions if I didn't get the point across or need further explanation

Thank you!
    -Chris