Terry Goodkind and the Sword of Truth

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by KungFool7, Oct 9, 2005.

1. KungFool7

KungFool7 keep driving—it's getting earlier

Posted here instead of the great indoors just because this is more fantasy oriented.

Has anyone read this series? I just started on Blood of the Fold. Series is fucking awesome so far, finally got me off the Dragonlance series that i've been stuck on for years because i couldn't find any other LARGE series worth reading. I think the sword of truth series has 9 books right now.

Go give it a shot, first book is "Wizard's First Rule".

2. Nucleartiger

Nucleartiger Clemson makes my nipples hard

Excellent series of books. I am really looking forward to the next book in the series. Also recommend Belgariad and Mallorean series of books by David Eddings.

I have also read the Lord Of Rings books but I wouldn't personally recommend them to anyone unless you want to be bored to death with every little detail and have to flip through a song every other page.

NOTE: these are the only Fantasy books that I have read. Can anyone suggest other Fantasy books along these lines

3. Acesn8s

Acesn8s The Deadman's Hand

Try George R. R. Martin's Song of Fire and Ice series. The first book is Game of Thrones. It starts off with low magic content, but he's slowly bringing it up.

Another huge series is Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series. The first book is Eye of the World. Book 11 was just released on tuesday. There's suppose to be one more book, plus he's released 1 prequel with 2 more on the way after he finishes book 12.

Terry Brooks has a popular series with his Shannara books. The first book in that series is The Sword of Shannara.

Guy Gavriel Kay has a really good series as well. It's call the Fionavar Tapestry. The first book is The Summer Tree.

Greg Keyes is still working on his series Kingdoms of Throne and Bone. The first book is The Briar King.

David Gemmel's book Legend is a nice light reader. If you like that Gemmel has tons of series all interelated.

Steven Erikson's series The Malzen Book of the Fallen is an in depth series. The first book is Garden's of the Moon.

4. KungFool7

I just finished "Blood of the Fold", i think the 3rd book in the sword of truth series.

On page 615 when Richard introduces Kahlan to the 3 mord-sith, i've never fucking laughed so hard at a book.

That single page was so awesome when they were trying to make Kahlan jelous. if you have the book, go back and browse that page again.

5. RandomSanity

RandomSanity Mobile Chyrnoble

Sword of Truth is definatly an excellent series, just make sure you read it in order, I don't understand why people start in the middle of a series sometimes. The best book in this series is definatly Faith of the Fallen if you get bored of the books before it don't give up on it until you've read at least that far.

6. KungFool7

The only other series i've read was Dragonlance, and i've read that for at least 7/8 years.

There's so many damn books in that series, i just picked one up and started reading. Wish i would have started it the beginning.

Kind of funny, because almost all of the 100+ books reference Huma, and i still havn't read the Legend of Huma.

7. Acesn8s

Acesn8s The Deadman's Hand

Don't bother. This way Huma stays as a collection of character thoughts and your own opinion. If anyone asked me which DL books to read I'd tell them the 3 Chronicles and the 3 Test of the Twins books and maybe Lord Soth's book and to leave it at that. :mamoru:

8. KungFool7

Best ones i've read yet are the ones with the Dragon overlords.

Khellendros was such a fucking cool character.

Also, Darkness and Light, the one where Sturm and Kitiara go to the moon was really good. Kaz the minotaur, reavers of the blood sea, war of souls series (mmm, mina) were all pretty good too.

I'm enjoying the sword of truth series i think because it doesn't have that god damn kender.