SRS Terrible Tuesdays from weed?!?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by MagiusX, Dec 9, 2003.

1. MagiusX

MagiusX Don't let the man keep you down

Ok guys here is my situation..
    I never would have concidered myself to be a pothead in the past but two weeks ago when I purchased a bong I think that I finally have crossed the line. Im only a weekend smoker and I think that might be part of the problem. For about 5 weeks in a row now I have felt absolutely awful on Tuesday after a weekend (Friday and Saturday night) of getting high.

I didn't think that it was possible to go through withdrawl from marijuana, but I dont know how else to explain why I feel so shitty. When I smoke I do only that, so Im not putting my body through complete hell or anything like that. I always feel fine Monday. When I smoke it's always nugs, like 3 bowls a night between 2 people, and usually from a bong.

5 weeks in a row is too many for me to write off as a mere coincidence. I do enjoy smoking weed because there is not a whole lot else to do on the weekends for me. I think I may be growing tired of using weed as a crutch to get through the weekends/life in general. I didnt smoke as often as I do now until after I broke up with my girlfriend, so I think depression might have a lot to do with my wanting to get high.

In addition to wanting a response to why I feel like shit, I am also looking for some encouragement from those who have quit. I think it might be time. I am a pretty intelligent person, but I dont feel as sharp as I used to. I would to hate to cause any more permanent damage that I know I would regret when Im older.

2. nukegoat

nukegoat New Member

I managed to quit, its possible. Write down some goals and plan out when you want to accomplish them by.

Then write out some hobbies you enjoy (besides toking up). Engage in those when you're free.

Tell your pothead friends that you're trying to quit. If they don't respect it, you'll know.

Give the bong away. Realize you'll save money in the long run by quitting anyways.

Good luck!

3. MagiusX

MagiusX Don't let the man keep you down

As far as hobbies go the only things I really enjoy doing are playing softball, video games and movies. Unforunately its winter now, so softball is out of the question. So that really only leaves video games and movies, which is part of the reason I started smoking more often. I turn 21 in less than a month so Im sure I will do the whole bar thing for a little bit, but bars really arent my thing. I hate cigarette smoke and prefer smoking to drinking.

Right now I know that I should quit, but Im not sure that I want to. I mean, I can say that I want to, but I know that come Friday night Im going to be sitting around bored w/ my other pothead friend and will probably end up getting some weed. Damnit, why did I ever start smoking in the first place :dunno: :wtc:

4. nukegoat

nukegoat New Member

why drink instead of smoking weed? thats just transferance of whatever reason you're smoking weed...

to find hobbies - i picked up where i left off when i started smoking weed. i finished my potato gun, found a girlfriend, did more work with car audio, started working out, etc.

plenty of stuff to do.

5. matt62182

matt62182 New Member

what's wrong with smoking weed?

6. HoodRich

HoodRich Professional Street Nigga OT Supporter

didnt you read his post telling you what was wrong with smoking weed? he feels terrible on tuesdays, does feel mentally as sharp as he once did...etc. etc. Read before you post. You might enjoy it and not find anything wrong but obviously the original poster does and is asking for help.

7. FredBull

FredBull *******

####___####___####___###_ #_______#__#___#_______#
    that's why i stopped smoking 16 months ago :dunno:

went to Amsterdam for a couple of days and realized that I'd rather be on top of things than high and spend my money on taking girls out or spend it on nice clothes, running shoes and stuff like that - you can easily save money for an iPod or something nice if you don't spend your money on a bongs and other shit. however money wasn't really the reason i quit, it was because I too had the feeling that my mind just wasn't as sharp anymore.

it's not that hard either - just quit buying it and be prepared to say NO if someone offers you a hit. it will hapen, you'll have to say NO.

eventually you'll find something better to do :dunno: spend the money on a gym membership.

also: I still met with my friends while they smoked. Some people might say it's easier for you to quit if you're not around them - but well once i made my decision I just pulled through with it. the hardest part is the weird looks on your friends faces when you tell them you won't smoke anymore...but theyll get over it after a few times.

It's really your choice, make your mind up and pull through. sounds like you're about to cross the line though, especially hearing that you ease out feelings about your ex gf with drugs. no good.

8. iamjeff6

iamjeff6 UDARIS

i used to smoke atleast 200-300$ of weed a day

good shit too

and all the sudden one day i decided it was time to grow up and from that day on i have been drug free

going on 3 years now, and ive had plent of chances but after seeing my good friends that i smoked with start doing coke, acid, shrooms i decided that wasnt the crowd for me and moved on

just put your mind to it and you can do it

9. i killed tupac

i killed tupac New Member

well, if you were going to stop driving...how would you do it?

10. accordfreak93

accordfreak93 Go Preds!

smoke on tuesday, problem solved :dunno:

11. phope

phope New Member

Stop while you're ahead. I got arrested last Friday for possession, did not want. I've smoked since I was 12, now I'm 19, it was a real god damn wake up call obviously. I don't blame the weed for what happened, how could I? Anyways, I don't want to quit, but I probably will go on probation with drug tests when I go to court. First time I've even been to jail and it was for weed. The only things I regret from smoking weed is the money I've spent and these charges....and lots of things I needed to get done...:p

You can quit, it's all in your head, just think if it never exsisted. Could be a lot worse.

12. Hathegkla

Hathegkla New Member

I think the feeling crappy thing is probably psychological, I've been smoking for years. up until recently it was every day. now I smoke a couple times a week sometimes less. I've never felt strange as a result of smoking a few days later. or even the next day. there really isn't any kind of hang over. I think its just in your head.

13. chillinhh

chillinhh Guest

Well, i wrote a long and informative post but felt like alot of it was unnecessary, so i deleted it and decided to sum it up.

If you don't want to miss out on the weekends. You only have one life to live right?

-Drink lots of water
    -Exercise
    -Take vitamins
    -Eat healthy

This isn't just some out of the book bs either, this is from personal experience.

14. aldus

aldus Guest

I think withdraw is really subtle, but legit.

I am going to start having them in the next couple of days as I stop smoking for a while again.

Last time I stopped smoking I became really irritable and edgy for a week or so and then I was back to normal. I don't have problems stopping myself, but I don't like being edgy.

Weed is almost like crack to me. I'll go for months and not smoke, finally buy, some and smoke it all in one big haze of highness. I've smoked a half over the past week and now I'm about to stop again.

15. i killed tupac

how is that stopping? :confused:

16. aldus

aldus Guest

I didn't smoke for three months before last week. Now that I am out of weed again and don't feel like spending more money I'm going to stop smoking and focus on school for a while, until I can take a break again.

17. BrianFantana

BrianFantana Active Member

You shouldn't be having these problems because of weed.

18. Johnny Sack

Johnny Sack Penis?

You act as if quitting weed will solve all of your problems. You should quit as the situation pertains to you, but don't fool yourself into thinking that weed is one of your main problems.

edit: Nevermind, the original post was made four years ago :rofl:

19. i killed tupac

:rofl:

20. Black Baby Jesus

Black Baby Jesus OT Supporter

No, you didn't.

I smoked weed heavily for many, many years (15 years). I quit about a year ago and haven't noticed any more motivation or any more intelligent. Marijuana only makes you unmotivated and stupid if you are already unmotivated and stupid and simply want something to blame it on.

21. Black Baby Jesus

Black Baby Jesus OT Supporter

oops. :rofl:

22. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

What's wrong with you sticking to current threads?? :ugh:

4 years old??? Why isn't this thread locked???