Terrible Problem-Flies baked into paint on bumper for a week

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Renegade, Oct 1, 2004.

1. Renegade

Renegade New Member

Hey guys so I did my trip from west palm to gainesville and of course I got tons of flies on my front bumper, the problem is:

I forgot about the flies and its been a week since I returned and the flies baked into the paint, I am in college so I dont have many resources but Acura's car wash didnt take care of it, so I used a microfiber and scratch x and the mosquitos wont come off. Whats the nesxt step to take before spending money for a professional detail,

can I wait until October 13 or should this be found and done asap

2. Renegade

Renegade New Member

couldnt find a clay bar here locally in many shops, i got meguiars cleaner wax which is supposed to helped with "etched" stuff. So I will go to a car wash place where you do it yourself with those pressure cleaners, and then I will use the cleaner wax with the pad and rub really hard, then dry it with a cloth towel, if that doesnt work I will have to buy a clay bar online

3. perry

perry burp

Take an old tshirt and soak it in water then place it over the bugs and let it sit for 20 minutes or so. Maybe there at the quarter wash. Then drive in to the bay and pressure wash. DO NOT use their brush!

Get some Bug & Tar remover - Stoner's Tarminator is nice and can be found at Pep Boys. A diluted all purpose cleaner could also be substituted. Spray that on the bugs, let it sit for whatever the directions say, hose down again.

I had a bad experience w/ a bug spong recently.. just a normal sponge covered in that mesh like material. Scratched my paint and I spent the next hour polishing out the scratches.

In the future, just stop by the quarter wash on your way home. Get those darn things off as quick as ya I can (wish I took my own advice :( )

4. perry

perry burp

5. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

What perry said. Really can't add anything else!

6. Labster

Labster OT Supporter

I know what you mean about bugs. I took a 24 hr trip to Chicago and back 16hrs worth of driving and accumulated 800 miles worth of bugs. I was fortunate to find the time to clean them off though the day after I got home.

I use Prowax PRO-SOL for bug and tar removal. Your best bet at getting it is ordering it from their website, www.prowax.com . If this stuff can't get the bugs and tar off, I don't know what can.

7. Renegade

Renegade New Member

Thanks for the suggestions, think cleaners wax could do?

8. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Add some serious elbow grease and it probably will.