GUN Terrible experience with Dan's Ammo

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by HorseDick, Mar 18, 2009.

1. HorseDick

HorseDick Active Member

2/20 - I ordered 250 rnds of Fiocchi 12ga

A few days later, I received Barnaul 410. Called Dan's to correct the situation and found they were closed until the 5th of March.

On the 5th, I called to tell Dan what happened. THAT SAME DAY he had UPS at my house picking up the Barnaul stuff. No time was wasted here. He assured me my new Fiocchi ammo was shipped out, but did not have a tracking number handy.

Next day, I called for the tracking number, but he did not have it and said he would call me back. Never received a call back.

UPS from PA to FL takes 3 business days. After a week went by, I called Dan and told him if my ammo shipped, I would have had it already. He said he's 99% sure it shipped and would call me right back with a tracking number. 6 hours go by and no call, so I called back and got the same story.

Next day, I called to get the tracking number and Dan confirmed that my ammo had not been shipped, but that he could send it out to me. I informed him that his website said the #00 is out of stock, and he told me he would just send me #4. I said no go, I want a refund.

He said my card would be refunded immediately.

This was 5 days ago. Guess I'm going to the bank tomorrow....

I'll never deal with these people again.

2. The Cable Guy

The Cable Guy New Member

Getting the run around ftl, and trying to ship something in place of what you ordered ftl.

3. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

blast him on arfcom.

if theres one thing that site is good for, its making bullshit like that public.

4. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

Fuck dude, I feel your pain.

I'm SERIOUSLY contemplating driving to Michigan to pay a certain refinisher a visit and to pick up a bunch of my stuff. My shit has been out over 6 months, most of which time I've been getting "it's nearly ready to ship/it's shipping tomorrow", and now I'm not getting any communication at all.

5. clarus

clarus OT Supporter

i like how they were so fast to get their product back

6. clarus

clarus OT Supporter

how the fuck can people not understand that you make a good business by catering to and informing the customer. there is no reason to piss off a customer.

7. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

Good question. I'm also asking myself why in the fuck I went with a new guy doing this as what I'm guessing is a side job, instead of going with a place that specializes in the particular service I'm wanting.

Fucking dipshits. What's even more retarded is that I guarantee if I say anything over at the board that he hangs out on, I'll get reamed by the multitudes of sack riders trying to pretend this is all somehow my fault.

8. clarus

clarus OT Supporter

fuck it man, speak out.
    even if you change one or two peoples minds thats money out of that assholes pocket.

9. SnakeEater

SnakeEater OT Supporter

his name isnt todd is it?

10. pimpofthenation

pimpofthenation OT Supporter

PM me some details. I can go check it out if it's close :hsd:

11. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

Why yes, yes it is. You in the same boat, or just good at reading between the lines?

For those not in the know, I'm talking about Todd at Customized Creationz.

I'm gonna see what transpires this week. I'm doing my best to keep things civil, as I'm not into creating e-drama, and don't really think that shit will help me get my stuff back, which at this point is my only concern. I sincerely appreciate the help, and will give you a shout if I can't get my shit back through the normal channels.

I've got several methods of recourse that I've been working on in case things go south, but I reaaaaallly would rather things not escalate to that level. Shit's just stupid, all I'm asking for is my stuff to get boxed up in whatever condition it's in, and sent out.

I'd appreciate it if no one does anything crazy for at least a little bit, as I'm trying to keep everything low key at the moment. Doing business on SigForum is kinda sketchy if things go south, and I've seen Para be quick to kill any sounds of discontent regarding his vendors. I don't want that to happen to me yet.

12. HorseDick

HorseDick Active Member

Ah, well what do you know....the money just appeared in my account :rolleyes: