Terminal Program Request

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by 5Gen_Prelude, Sep 25, 2003.

1. 5Gen_Prelude

5Gen_Prelude There might not be an "I" in the word "Team", but

Looking for a modem to modem terminal program with these features:

- autodialer a list of numbers at a given time
    - automated scripting (wait for a string, send a string, wait for a string, send a string...)
    - logging of that information to a text file (I can parse later on). Preferably a different file for each session and/or each separate section (after each send string, open a log file, when the wait string is seen, close the file).
    - free/shareware is better but if it does the job I'll buy it if it's trialware
    - custum init strings for the modem

Would also be helpful if it could log each session that it receives a call from (ie waits until 1am to dial but in the meantime it sits there waiting for a connection, answers it and logs the information sent to it).

2. DatacomGuy

DatacomGuy is moving to Canada

LCOM was the FREAKING BOMB in the BBS days.

So many features, it blew ANYTHING and EVERYTHING away. I'll see if I can find my copy. It's freeware.

3. 5Gen_Prelude

5Gen_Prelude There might not be an "I" in the word "Team", but

:cool: If I had my 64 around still I could do it with it. Just need a cassette player for the IBM to read it back :rofl:

PS It's got run on a W2K machine (maybe 98 if I'm desperate).

4. Astro

Astro Code Monkey

I'm thinking Telix might be a good fit. I remember its scripting language had some punch. You could create a script to handle the autodialing and I pass off a connection to another script. Or you could set it up to auto dial and associate a script to each number. You have full control of the init strings. As for logging, it has whats called a capture file - but for this feature I believe its all or nothing. If you associate a script to the number, then I think the script can handle the capturing (either turn it on or it might be able to capture and let you write to disk). Its been a while since I've used it. Its free/shareware and its a DOS app.