Tennis season.

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by shawn4element, Feb 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shawn4element

shawn4element OT Supporter

I've started lifting over the year, not amazingly serious, but putting in 5 days a week of lifting, going for strength. It's great, and I love it. But, I have a dilemma.

Tennis is starting next monday, and that takes priority over lifting. If I lift hard, it makes my tennis playing ability dwindle a lot. So, I am thinking, considering we practice monday-friday, that I should do lift lifting during the week, and friday evening and saturday afternoon should be killer days full of compound movements working my whole body. Then, by monday I should be okay, and ready to go again.

What do you all think of this plan?

2. robbinthehood

robbinthehood New Member

i'm in a similar situation. i have lacrosse starting in a little over a week, and right now im hitting the gym monday through friday. once it starts im only gona hit the gym twice during the week and on both weekend days. it's not gona be fun but ill make it work

3. bclimn

bclimn New Member

i got the same problem: im addicted to tennis but have found my serves, swing motion, and leg movement dwindling somewhat on workout days. But the more often that i workout it seems that i recover faster and am able to play tennis relatively well. I think the most important thing will be a good diet (high in protein, carbs before tennis), and maintain a decent but not grueling workout. don't overwork your triceps, biceps or shoulders..aka hit like crap... in the long run your tennis will improve and your body used to the regiment.. this is what i do...
    where do you play tennis?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.