GUN Tennessee's governor is a douche bag

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Pineapple Devil, May 29, 2009.

1. Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil beat it!

he vetoed both the restaurant and park carry bills. hopefully since they passed with a vast majority there will be a majority vote to override his opinion. what sucks is that local officials will vote the same way as him to not allow park carry. they've all said the same thing, "allow people to carry guns into xxxx will just increase shootings."

:rolleyes: yeah, thats what statistics show

2. Isn't it the patron state of shooting stuff?

3. SS109

SS109 3100 FPS OT Supporter

NEED TO VOTE HIS ASS OUT.
    CCW has shown to neither increase or decrease shootings in impartial studies.

4. whamola

whamola Tonight....you.

The problem is, he isn't seeking another term. He lied to get elected, and now is backtracking. It's garbage.

Fingers crossed for a legislative override.

5. cp5184

cp5184 New Member

this I don't understand. I mean you can make the argument that if some people conceal carry in the streets that acts as a deterrent because criminals don't know who has guns... eh... whatever.

but deer? bears? I don't understand the concealment issue in parks.

6. Jas0n

Jas0n Антихрист

Just as there are crazies in town who might put you in peril, there could be crazies in parks. Seems like the numbers would be down because in a park you're not swarmed with people like you are in an urban area, but you only need yourself and one other person in order for you to get assaulted.

7. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

Do you have a preemption clause? If so it really does not matter what the locals have to say.

8. cp5184

cp5184 New Member

so... why do you need to hide your gun. it's a park. not new york.

also, the stories I've read on this, there's basically no crime in the places effected by this.

9. cp5184

cp5184 New Member

there's a lot of violent crime in the city, and there's a high population density.

I don't see any reason why open carrying is a problem in parks. mostly what strikes me is if you're in a park and worrying about a bear attack or wolves or something conceal carry seems silly to me.

10. Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil beat it!

huh?

11. GarandBobcat

GarandBobcat New Member

It's not just the "bears and wolves," as you put it. It's also the human predators. Concealment helps sometimes when dealing with them.

12. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

I assumed that when you said "what sucks is that local officials will vote the same way as him to not allow park carry." you were speaking of the likely actions of local officials such as mayors and city councils after the potential veto override you spoke of. I was asking if your state had any laws regarding preemption, meaning the state laws are it and the local (city, county, ect) governments cannot enact further restricts. If you did have such a law on the books the local officials opinions would be of no concern as long as the state preemption clause was adhered to.

13. Joe_Cool

Joe_Cool Never trust a woman or a government. Moderator

Why are you so worried about it? If I have a gun and you can see it, am I less dangerous to you than if you can't?

14. whamola

whamola Tonight....you.

It's not a bill on concealed carry in parks, it is on carrying in parks with a handgun carry permit. You can't just go open-carry in TN state parks, permit or not.

15. cp5184

cp5184 New Member

so take a shotgun?

16. Joe_Cool

Instead, how about governments obey the constitution and not infringe the right of the people to keep and bear arms?

17. Matt2000ss

Matt2000ss OT Supporter

yea, accept for his bodyguards right

18. whamola

whamola Tonight....you.

You can't walk around with any gun, dumb shit. Are you trolling or just that daft?

The carry permit in Tennessee allows you to carry a gun. Most do so concealed, as to not raise other issues (inciting panic, undue encounters with the Police, etc.)

No guns are allowed in State parks. This would allow us to, if we had a carry permit, carry in parks.

19. cp5184

cp5184 New Member

I'm sorry I don't know the ins and outs of tenessee gun laws, but the federal parks gun thing is about conceal carry in parks

20. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

Actually I do not see anything in the wording of the federal law that would limit its scope to simply concealed weapons.

21. Joe_Cool

Federal law governs NATIONAL parks. Not state parks.

22. Foolish

Foolish Well-Known Member

[y]1pfCRQmxHmE[/y]

23. Foolish

http://wgns.wordpress.com/2008/02/03/manager-killed-early-sunday-at-ocharleys/

O’Charley’s Re-Opens After Fatal Shooting

THIS JUST IN: An arrest has been made in the O’Charley’s robbery and homicide. That information according to Murfreesboro Police Chief Glenn Chrisman. More on this story later today.

RESTAURANT OPEN AGAIN…O’Charley’s has set up a memorial fund for the wife and two children of Nader Bahmanziari. If you would like to donate, make checks payable to the Nader Bahmanziari Memorial Fund and take it to any Pinnacle Bank locations. You can also mail it to the bank at 1745 Memorial Boulevard; Murfreesboro, TN 37129

Murfreesboro Police are investigating a robbery at O’Charleys Restaurant on Memorial Boulevard. Shortly after midnight on Sunday (2/3/08) morning, a large framed Black male wearing a ski mask stopped an employee in the parking lot and forced them to take him inside to the manager’s office. For more information, listen to: Officer Kyle Evans on Mp3

O’Charley’s Manager NaderBahmanziari was counting money and preparing the restaurant for a busy Sunday. Several employees were still in the building. Witnesses say Bahmanziari complied with the culprit’s requests and handed over the cash. Police are investigating to determine why the gunman then fired several shots. Officials report that the fatal wound was a shot to Nader’s abdomen. The 41-year old manager was taken to the ER at Middle Tennessee Medical Center, and then flown by Life Flight helicopter to the trauma center at Vanderbilt Hospital where he later died. Reports indicate the robber fled on foot; no car was seen! A team of detectives from the Murfreesboro Police Department are looking at surveillance video and creating a list of suspects in this city’s first homicide of 2008. Nader Bahmanziari was married and had children.

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2007/dec/30/1-dies-1-hurt-in-hooters-shooting/

1 killed, 1 hurt in Hooters shooting
    Police say man opened fire at restaurant after argument about bill
    By Matt Lakin (Contact)
    Sunday, December 30, 2007

STORY TOOLS
    E-mail story
    Comments (38)
    iPod friendly
    Printer friendly
    More Local News
    State House votes to increase unemployment tax
    County: Shotgun-selling employee placed on leave
    Simek plan would eliminate 2 UT VPs, drop title for 5
    Share and Enjoy [?]
    Get Reprints
    Want to use this article? Click here for options! An argument over a restaurant tab led to an early-morning shooting Saturday that killed a customer, wounded an assistant manager and temporarily shut down a West Knoxville Hooters, authorities said.

Stacey Sherman, 35, of Applegate, Mich., died Saturday afternoon at the University of Tennessee Medical Center, Knoxville Police Department Lt. Doug Stiles said. The shots started as Sherman stepped out of the Hooters, 8050 Kingston Pike, just before 1 a.m.

Assistant manager Kris Key, 25, also suffered gunshot wounds. He remained in the hospital Saturday night, a company official said.

Police continued to search for the gunman, whom Key had ordered out of the restaurant after an argument over his bill. Police said they're not sure of his name.

Key had waived the man's tab just before asking him to leave. The man, who was by himself, walked out, pulled a .40-caliber gun from a backpack and started shooting into the restaurant, then ran away, Stiles said.

Sherman was walking out when the shooting began, police said.

"We're not sure at this time that he was even aware there had been an argument," Stiles said.

Cindy Clabough said her son, Chris Conner, had stopped at the restaurant with his girlfriend and some other friends just before the shooting started.

"He said they were sitting there eating, and they heard, 'Pop, pop, pop,' " the Knoxville mother said. "They said it sounded like somebody had dropped a dish at first, but he knew what it was."

She said her son and his friends crawled out the door to a patio and ran across the street, then called E-911.

"They didn't know what was going on," Clabough said. "They said people were running every which way. His girlfriend remembers hearing someone run back in the kitchen saying, 'I've been shot, I've been shot.' "

The shots shattered two windows. Workers closed the restaurant Saturday to clean up the mess but plan to reopen today.

"The building will be fine," said Shannon Herlihy, area president for the company. "Our primary concern is the people. We want our customers and staff to be safe, healthy and happy."

Herlihy said she's never heard of a case like the shooting.

"These things don't happen at Hooters," she said. "It's tragic."

Authorities described the shooter as white with a dark complexion, missing four front teeth, in his late 20s to early 30s, and about 150-160 pounds. He was unshaven and unkempt with a short ponytail. The man wore large-gauge earrings in double-pierced ears, along with rings on each finger and several necklaces, police said.

He wore dark blue, baggy jeans, black boots and a black hooded sweatshirt with a white stitching pattern, police said. He carried a large black backpack.

Police ask that anyone with information in the case call 865-215-7212.

Matt Lakin may be reached at 865-342-6306.

24. cp5184

cp5184 New Member

I don't think hooters is a park.

25. Foolish

The bill is for carrying guns into state parks & establisments that sell alcohol. The sherrif says he can't think of any data showing O'Charleys or Hooters in unsafe, when there have been murders at both locations.