tendonitis treatments you have tried and work

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by keeler, Jan 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. keeler

keeler New Member

my tendonitis sucks. I did 3 light sets of dumbbell curls yesterday and today my right forearm is inflamed like hell. What are the tendonitis treatments that actually work. Please don't tell me about the newest fad, I just need something that you have tried and it works. I can't get the gurls without the curls bros.

2. Bacchus

Bacchus Skinny Guy

i had the same problem earlier this summer when doing curls, and got quite a few suggestions here, some worked and some didn't. This pain is likely caused by forearm muscles that are not proportionate - and causing tendon friction.

Suggestions:

1.Stop doing curls until it gets better. Simple enough.

2. Curl with a reverse /overhand grip.

3. Stop using the flat bar (although, i've recently found its the EZ bar that causes problems for me. I can curl with the flat bar with no issues.)

4. Strengthen your forarms with various forarm exercises. (i,.e Reverse Wrist Curl and DB Wrist Curl (behind the back)

3. fauxdiophile

fauxdiophile OT Supporter

4. Phx Cobra

Phx Cobra OT Supporter

My doctor prescribed me naproxen.
    Took it for about a month and the pain hasn't come back since.

5. themolsen

themolsen New Member

1. Rest
    2. Rest
    3. Rest
    4. Strengthen your forearms
    5. ????
    6. Profit

Seriously. Also, there might be some bicep exercises you can do that won't hurt your forearm tendons. For example, lat pulldowns can work your biceps decently without putting the same strain on your forearms as curls do.

6. Centipedes? In My Vagina

Centipedes? In My Vagina It's more common than you think

Don't do shit with the affected body part for a while. It works wonders, and researchers are spending a lot of time and money in the don't do shit phenomenon. Pretty cutting edge, even though you said you didn't want to hear about that kind of stuff...

7. fatmoocow

fatmoocow bored OT Supporter

/thread

8. keeler

keeler New Member

i did the whole rest for a while then come back to it. The only thing i curled for the last 2 months was into the fetal position. then yesterday i did the light sets of curls and today it sucks.
    I stopped curls but i have been doing lat pulldowns and all the other exercises that biceps assist on and i have had no problems till now.
    I'm going to do the forearm strengthening and light reverse curls and see how that treats me i guess.

9. MP18

MP18 New Member

tenditis is inflamation of the tendon, it's temporary and should go away with rest. you haven't provided any background on your injury but if it's been around for months it may be tendinosis, which is where the tendon begins to degrade under prolonged stress, you'll need to start rehabilitation in order to recover from that.

10. keeler

keeler New Member

I'm thinking it's probably tendonosis then. for the last year it always hurts after doing curls of anykind, or if i have poor form on my rows or pulldowns. I pretty much stopped doing curls. about every 3 months i would try again and it would just hurt again.
    The pain runs diagonally across the top of my forearm and it is an intense achy feeling, not like muscle soreness from lifting.

11. The Great Deceiver

The Great Deceiver 21st Century Schizoid Man

12. themolsen

themolsen New Member

Get back to the doctor man, sorry :hs:

13. MP18

MP18 New Member

i'd begin researching this specific type of tendon ailement and see what people have done/techniques are to repair such an injury, get educated on the subject, don't just rest and go to the gym periodically, hurt yourself and repeat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.