TENACIOUS D <<<<<<<<<

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by brandonlee81, Oct 19, 2004.

1. brandonlee81

brandonlee81 Teh Michael Jordan of Baseball of Posters

anyone heard when/if they are coming out w/ a new album?

2. brandonlee81

3. brandonlee81

It's official! Tenacious D now recording the soundtrack for PICK OF DESTINY! Rejoice!

Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with some fantastic news for us fans of Rage Cage and Jables (Kyle Gass and Jack Black, respectively. Translation provided by Satan). The duo have begun recording the new music for the TENACIOUS D movie called PICK OF DESTINY. With this and Harry's revelation of Dio being in the film, all us D fans are in heaven right now. Afterall, Dio has rocked for a long, long time and I'm sure he'll rock our fucking socks off with JB and KG in the flick.

I've been a fan of The D since I got their album in 2001, then saw them play at the Austin Music Hall. Their music is fun, funny and (gasp) actually good music! When I met Jack Black on the set of KING KONG we talked a bit about the TENACIOUS D movie and he was pretty sure New Line was going to be going ahead with a Spring start to production and it looks like they may be doing just that!

I'm just as excited about hearing new D songs as I am about seeing a Tenacious D movie. Here's the official word from an email newsletter from their official site. Thanks to "Saul Femm" for the heads up! Enjoy!

Dear D-sciples --

Yes the rumors are true....

Tenacious D has begun recording new music for their upcoming film, PICK OF DESTINY. John King is the producer behind the board and don't be surprised if there are a few special guests on the album as well. We will keep you posted on some studio reports and perhaps some pictures from the studio as well. Stay tuned!

4. gthesob

gthesob the fun machine took a shit and died OT Supporter

Good news

5. sweet. i just watched "butt baby" today. greatest short film ever created. "MY ESSENCE CAN NOT BE LABELED!!"

6. TREXSOUND

TREXSOUND New Member

Lets Make Him Duke ................. A Kick Ass Duke

7. DoubleWideNinja

DoubleWideNinja Yappers

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

8. Vaudevillain

Vaudevillain Active Member

... and if you guys didn't know, KG has a side project with the infamous "Lee" called TrainWreck. I saw them live at a local venue a while back - fucking awesome. I spoke with JR (Lee) after the show and according to him, once everything is done with the D's movie/album, they'll start recording their own record.

[​IMG]

www.twreck.net

9. Vaudevillain

Vaudevillain Active Member

:confused: . . . . . what? :ugh:

10. Waldo

Waldo New Member

what?!?! Kyle, no side projects, you know that!!!!

11. brandonlee81

Tenacious D Teaser Site Online
    Source: New Line Cinema
    July 20, 2005

New Line Cinema has brought online the official teaser website for Jack Black and Kyle Gass' Tenacious D in the Pick of Destiny, coming to theaters next year. At the site, you can now watch the Hell O'Clock News, featuring a different kind of interview with the stars.

The script was written by Black and Gass with director Liam Lynch. "It's definitely the funniest movie on paper that I've ever read," Gass said previously. "It starts off as kind of how the D was formed. It goes into a quest for 'the pick,' a magical pick that will supposedly help us rock like the rock gods we so admire. It's a zillion laughs."

Black and Gass will record new songs for the soundtrack, which is expected to double as the next Tenacious D album.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/topnews.php?id=10462

http://www.tenaciousdmovie.com/