TAT temporary tongue barbell fix?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by dbdraggin, Jun 17, 2005.

1. dbdraggin

dbdraggin New Member

hello everyone, ive got a 10g internally threaded barbell that i mustve crossthreaded when i screwed one of the balls one last time. anyway that end is shot and i can nearly pull the ball off of the bar by hand with very little resistance, can anyone suggest a temporary fix for this till the weekend for me till i have time to go buy a new barbell? obviously im gonna guess some kind crazy glue is out of the question but maybe im missing an obvious easy fix?

thanks for any help.

2. Furner

Furner New Member

a piece of pencil eraser works for regular studs, but i dont think that will work for internally threaded studs. maybe try crossing the threads again, i dont know how badly you messed up the threads, bt maybe you can get the ball on there somehow where it will hold. maybe using a small scrap of plastic or something inside the threads to tighten it up might work as well

3. CyberBullets

CyberBullets I reach to the sky, and call out your name. If I c

what about that plumbers tape around the end to make it thicker?

4. Laurel

Laurel New Member

Try loctite. Should work like a charm. Take it out, get it good and dry, then loctite the end that's bad. Let it dry for about half hour, then put it back in. i doubt you'll die if it's in for a couple days only

5. dbdraggin

dbdraggin New Member

thanks, actually, i tried re-crossing the threads and appeared to have sheared the rest of them off in the process, it tightened and then just gave out and was loose again, tightened and then loose again... so by purposely fucking it up i actually thought i could fix it too. great minds think alike lolol

6. dbdraggin

dbdraggin New Member

thought about that just before i made this topic and went to a friends house to try cuz i had no teflon tape, in the mean time i just jammed a small piece of paper towel between the threads and the internally threaded bar and just turned it a few times and it tightened up! so much that when i got to the friends house there was no un-tightening it at all! awesome, so im good tro go but cant tell you if that idea would work or not.

ps. i thought you had me on your ignore list? :wavey:

7. dbdraggin

dbdraggin New Member

see, that there last part is why i skipped the loctite when I thought of it, something about making myself a guinea pig just wasnt appealing when i thought of it also, and seeing you type it makes me a little reassured that skipping that one mightve been a good idea after all. [/pussy]

but thanks for the ideas everyone, i should be good to go till saturday after work now. :wavey:

8. CyberBullets

CyberBullets I reach to the sky, and call out your name. If I c

empty threat ;)