WEB Template advise

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by solo, Jul 28, 2008.

1. solo

solo up and down

I have started a new pet project. I am looking to create a basic site to promote my new side business. I have seen many sites (i.e. Templatemonster.com) that offer templates that I feel would work perfect for my application. I am looking to add/edit my own content and would like to do it my self instead of paying for their additional service. I have no problem stumbling through the learning process. From your guys experience is this a good direction or do you have any other suggestions?

2. vumpler

vumpler New Member

From a mediocre web design / flash editing standpoint:

I like the template monster templates. They make it easy. They take care of a lot of the actionscript etc for you and all you have to do is make modifications. From a true web designers standpoint, you're never going to get exactly what you want unless you hire an excellent web designer and they customize it completely around you.

In my own situation I can't afford $3,000 for a website for my business but I want it to look like I could(even though what I really want is worth about $5,000.) So I end up using a template and editing it to my needs. Basically I settle on the fact that it won't be exactly what I want.

Cliffs: If you have PS, Flash, and Dreamweaver or something: go for it, its worth a shot. Otherwise, save your money to get exactly what you want from a true web designer.

3. bawlinmo

bawlinmo Neighborhood Graphic Designer

amen.

4. solo

solo up and down

:bigthumb: Thanks for the reply.

Have you had and experience in editing the items in the template package. Do the images come in .psd file so they are easy manipulated??

Thanks again for the help guys

5. YourMomOnRyeBun

YourMomOnRyeBun New Member

Depends on the template...but if they DO come with the images in .psd format I believe it tells you that.

6. solo

solo up and down

Turned out pretty clean...Nice restaurant BTW.:bigthumb: