tell me what you think of this...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by gui3, Feb 16, 2008.

1. gui3

gui3 all the dude ever wanted was his rug back

apple is sending me a new MBP that's a huge upgrade from my old core duo MBP.

i hear there's a possible apple event on the 26th.

initially i thought i'd just sell the new C2D MBP on ebay and put the money towards whatever new MBP they release, if so.

but then i thought:
    (1) the new MBP i'm getting is a HUGE upgrade from my old one.
    (2) the new MBP i'm getting is the 2nd version of the MBP - so the rev. A problems are gone (heat, speed, etc) so it's a much more solid computer.
    (3) if they release a MBP with a proc upgrade and a multitouch trackpad, it's not really worth the upgrade to me.
    (4) if they release the multitouch tablet i've been hoping for, it'll be Rev. A and i'll have the same fucking problems that i had with the Rev. A MBP.

so i'm thinking of just keeping the new C2d MBP no matter what apple does on the 26th.

what do you think? sound reasoning?

2. Jonny Chimpo

Jonny Chimpo OT Supporter

If you were local I'd bet you lunch at Ruth's Chris that they won't announce a tablet. They probably won't ever release one actually, considering Steve Jobs tantrum about tablets and PDA's when he returned to run Apple.

The story goes that Steve called the Newton a "wretched scribble toy" and threw one against a boardroom wall during a meeting. The entire Newton division was looking for a job less than a month later.

3. gui3

well in that case, there isn't much to expect out of the MBP line than proc upgrades and a friggn multitouch trackpad.

(side note, a talbet would be great, i'm a trial lawyer and having a tablet up there with me while i'm questioning would rule.)

4. Jonny Chimpo

Jonny Chimpo OT Supporter

5. gui3

i have seen it...it's way too much money though.

i would be interested in a tablet version of the mbp, i think, but not the first version.

6. mobbarley

mobbarley Active Member

tablets are gay, I dont know why people bitch for them... then if one did come out it would be fancy and too expensive for them so everyone would continue to bitch... sound familiar?

7. ady

ady New Member

Apple have been working on tablet technology, it's where the iPhone's screen came from. Whether that ever translates in to a tablet remains to be seen, certainly not anytime soon I'd wager. Apple won't enter the computer tablet market, they will create the Apple tablet market, I don't think the time for that is yet though.