Tell me what I need to finish up my car after washing v.noclue

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by CString, Jul 11, 2008.

1. CString

CString New Member

Gratuitous pics of car included. I have never waxed a car before and have no idea what supplies I need at all. Tell me what I need. Brand is not necessary, but if you know of something specific that works really well then feel free to let me know. I don't know if certain waxes work better on certain color cars or what. Anyways, I plan to go buy products this weekend, so any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance :wavey:
    As promised, pics...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Detailing EDU has a ton of recommendations.

3. CString

CString New Member

alright, i read the EDU and a little bit on autopia. after washing i can just dry, clay bar, and wax? autopia recommended clay bar instead of a polish/rubbing compound on new cars because of a thin clear coat i think. reviews of the paint on the G8 do indicate that it has a very thin clear coat, so is that the best route to go? then i can finish up with a Klasse sealant or something along those lines?

sorry for all the questions. i read the edu, it's just that there are so many options i'm not sure what will work the best.

4. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

fuck Klasse. that shit is garbage. if you don't want to wax your car but twice a year, then check out some Collinite Insulator Wax #845. It gives a decent shine to white. Also, Clearkote Carnauba Moose lasts pretty good for me. Don't know how well looks on white though.

5. CString

CString New Member

:cool: will do. thank you.

6. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Your G8 will have at least 1.5 mils of clear, just like most other cars. If the paint is glass smooth, no need to clay. However, a light polish will clean it up nicely.

I'd go with Optimum's Poli-Seal as your polish and either Carnauba Moose for wax, or Opti-Seal as your sealant...or you can put down a coat of Carnauba Moose and next time you wash the car, go over it with Opti-Seal. Looks killer on white.

7. CString

CString New Member

awesome. i should have known you would know the best combinations for each color. :bigthumb: