Tell me about your broken limbs v.recoverytime

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Elfling, Jun 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elfling

Elfling New Member

Sup, bitches. :wiggle:

Long story short: I tried to stop a motorcycle fall with my left leg :mamoru: broke my fibula in two places. No torn ligaments thank god, so just in a cast for 6 weeks.

Anybody with experience on fitness loss, muscle loss, time to come back, etc? Really pissed as I had hit a good groove with dieting too ><

2. Thomas Crenshaw

Thomas Crenshaw New Member

dislocated left shoulder last fall. still flares up when i overwork it. as long as i take it easy its alright. gonna need surgery to completely repair it but im pushing that aside

3. Elfling

Elfling New Member

Doh! Sorry to hear. How much time did you take off, if any, and how long did it take you to come back?

4. Thomas Crenshaw

Thomas Crenshaw New Member

well i actually wasnt lifting seriously then, im only about 3-4 months deep in taking this seriously..when i first started though it would flare up easy i had to really be careful and do low volume/ high intensity so everything inside the shoulder would strengthen up asap.

just keep your protein intake high and try to do isolated upper body stuff that you wont need your leg for

5. Hood Moses

Hood Moses I part the Black Seas...

When I broke my hand I started lifting about 2 weeks after I got my cast off, month later I did a SM comp strength was still in the gutter. And 3 months later I was better than ever. I would still lift with my non-broken hand while i still had my cast on, I think that helped maintain some of the strength in my right arm. Breaking a fibula in two places might be a little more severe than a broken hand. Just take your time and dont try to do too much too fast.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.