GUN tell me about the S&W 4006

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by liberals=whiner, Dec 17, 2006.

1. Whats OT gun crew think of this pistol? I found one for sale local for 350. Is that high? Its used. Im not really looking for anything specif, just something to add to my collection. Was just wondering if there are any major problems with them, things like that. Thanks guys

2. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

The gun is an absolute tank, it'll probably feed empty brass. They're not very popular today because they're not black, they're heavier than polymer guns, and they're nothing fancy with rails and the like, but it is a real workhorse of a gun.

The price seems pretty reasonable to me as long as its in good shape. http://www.summitgunbroker.com/1560715.html http://www.kyimports.com/sw.htm#s&w has them a little cheaper

3. sprite

sprite Active Member

+1. People like to rip on S&W pistols because the Sigma's were such colossal pieces of shit, but their metal frame pistols are damn nice guns.

4. Stockman

Stockman New Member

+1
    The metal frame S&W's are great firearms, I own two now and have owned a 4006. One best shooting pistols I have owned, I sold it to a buddy who wanted it. I have a 410 and 915 and figured WTF... It was a mistake! I should have sold the 410, as I replaced the plastic guide rod in that gun with a stainless model which the 4006 comes with standard for $20.00. It is a heavy beast, with low felt recoil. I sold mine for $425.00 seems like $350.00 would be a good deal.

Also IMHO you won't find a much better DA trigger in an auto loader than S&W. Like buttah I tell ya!

5. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

$350 is a decent price if it is in good shape. They're solid guns you can depend on. I'm personally not fond of S&W autos, but the 4006 sort of sneaks in and cuddles once in awhile.

6. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

Offer them $300 and buy it. :o