tell me about getting snipped

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Hegemon, Dec 11, 2009.

1. Hegemon

Hegemon New Member

cost, pain, complications, reversibility later on when you realize you made a mistake.

:run:

2. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Snipped = circumsized?

3. Hegemon

Hegemon New Member

vasectomies

4. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Ohhh.

Well know that we know what you're talking about, I'll let someone else answer. I have no idea. Sorry dude.

5. RougeOgre

RougeOgre FS Librarian and MOD

6. CorpseStreet

CorpseStreet New Member

It's going to be hard for you to get one if you're young and have never had kids.

7. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

I think it's worth the 3 days of soreness.

8. wolfskymoon

wolfskymoon Guest

This thread makes me cringe.:o

9. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

You mean hard finding a doctor who will do it?

10. Dahlia

Dahlia Active Member

Yea, it seems to be as difficult to get one at a young age as it is for women.

How old are you btw TS?

11. m3m750

m3m750 Kickin' it old school

Just had one at the end of october. Mine was covered by insurance, with a $100 co-pay. Procedure itself didn't hurt. Getting waited on hand and foot for the rest of the weekend was nice. Definitely take it easy for a few days and apply those bags of frozen pees. I was a bit tender for probably about a week.

The spiel from the Dr. was to treat this as a permanent procedure. It is reversible, though apparently that surgery is far more invasive and far more expensive.

If memory serves, the cost of the procedure without insurace was just under a grand.

My biggest regrest was doing my own manscaping before the procedure, thereby missing out on the opportunity to have the hot Asia nurse shave my balls.

12. texchef

texchef Guest

Ok here's the deal. I got mine done back in Feb of this year. I'm 33 and now married to who I was dating/living with then. We BOTH were 100% sure we didn't want kids so I decided to get it done. I had been putting it off for a few years and fought with the ex about kids. Here's what to expect:

Initial consultation the doc explains the procedure and the recovery. Make your appointment.

When you go in the nurse with ask if you are shaved, if not then he/she will do so. I recommend doing it yourself.

Pants off, gown on. Doc comes in and preps/drapes you. Local is applied to each side of your sac. It stings.

Once the local takes effect then clamps are used to pull the vas closer to the surface. Now, this hurts..a lot but only for a minute. It feels like someone just thumped you square in the nut. After that you feel nothing.

Some doctors use different methods for splitting the vas. Mine used clamps then seared the ends with a cautory (sp?). Some sew then sear and some just sear. Ask for clamps because it is the most effective.

Once finished they will apply gauze and won't let you leave til the bleeding stops. YOU WILL HAVE TO WEAR A JOCK STRAP. Trust me it will help immensely with the swelling.

Recovery/time off:

The easiest way is to have it done on a Friday. You will be ready to go back to work the following Monday. Don't do anything stupid. Just relax in bed with ice packs and have your woman take care of you. Take your pain meds and sleep.

You will be internally stitched so no need to have them removed. NO SEX FOR AT LEAST 10 DAYS. If you try before then it will hurt. After that it's time to "clean the pipes". Masturbate or have sex with a condom at least 15-20 times. This will remove any leftovers still hanging. You are still semi-fertile at this point.

After that you will go in to drop a sample for a check of your swimmers. Jerk it in a cup, have her spit it for you, empty the condom..whatever in the cup and take it in. Keep it in the fridge til you drop it off. After 2 negative checks you are all clear and can stop using condoms or she can stop birth control.

As for finding a doctor that will do it, that's pretty easy. They know it's your decision and frankly want the money for a procedure that takes all of 30 minutes. If they won't do it then head to another Doc. There are plenty out there.

I can't tell you about saving some for later because I really don't want kids. Cost of mine was around $600 and insurance covered most of that. A reversal, on the other hand, can run upwards of $1500 and is about 75-85% effective. It is a longer procedure and is more invasive and requires a lot more recovery time. In the long run a vasectomy is a hell of a lot safer than a tubal ligation, cheaper and more effective than a tubal or an IUD.

I got no regrets. Hope this helps.

13. m3m750

Great write up. About the only point where my experience differed is that, after the local, I didn't feel any pain. When the doc started to do the 2nd side, I said I was feeling it more than the first side, so he gave me another hit of the local and I was back to not feeling any pain. My Dr. also offered the option of showing up an hour before your procedure and taking a Valium to take the edge off.

14. Hegemon

Hegemon New Member

thanks for the replies :hsd:

were you squeamish? was it kinda weird? no broner during the procedure? :noes:

can you talk about impotence as a possible consequence of the procedure?

15. m3m750

Far too nervous to pop some wood, even with the really hot Asian chick prepping my junk.

Definitely no imptence problem. I've actually been getting more since the procedure as my wife has been highly motivated to thoroughly clean the pipes so she can stop taking the pill.

16. texchef

texchef Guest

Impotence is not an issue at all. Sex is more fun and free since there is no risk of pregnancy. I wasn't squeamish and it's such a cold and emotionless procedure that getting wood is the last thing on your mind. They are there to complete a procedure not give you a happy ending massage.

17. Hegemon

Hegemon New Member

"Honey, I'm pregnant" makes me cringe. :hsughno:

18. SPACECATAZ

SPACECATAZ New Member

fucking :werd: :rofl:

19. Hegemon

Hegemon New Member

so they don't go near anything that could break while they're in there?