Television experts, need your help

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Igottabull, Dec 26, 2002.

1. Igottabull

Igottabull Guest

So I turn on one of my TVs today and it makes a fizzling noise (I'm not the best at descriptions so bear with me), there's no picture, and a very strong smell...It's an older 43" Zenith, like honestly at least 7-8 years old but I want to say probably more like 10-11.

First question is, any idea what exactly that would be? That wouldn't be one of the guns, would it? I'm assuming it would be a joke to even think about getting it fixed, but I thought I'd get some advice first.

Second question...what TV should I buy now? I was thinking something HD ready, widescreen would be nice, maybe 43"-52", it's not a huge room. Any suggestions, tips, things to look for?

Also what the hell do you do with a busted projection? Think wherever I buy the new one from will haul the old one off and get rid of it for me? Thanks in advance.

2. Igottabull

Igottabull Guest

OH yeah, money is not a major issue, I'm not going to go overboard but I want to see all my options.

3. Igottabull

Igottabull Guest

Ok I got one, a 57" Sony HD ready widescreen, model number KP57WV600. Anyone got any opinions on that, since their were no suggestions to begin with. :)