Telepathy.

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Axis, Nov 30, 2006.

1. Axis

Axis New Member

What does it feel like to hear someone's thoughts? Do you think there will ever be a controlled form of it, or does it already exist?

And, will my telepathy ever be cured without me dying? I've been told Christmas, but I don't get how.

2. Joe_Cool

Joe_Cool Never trust a woman or a government. Moderator

I'm very tempted to move this thread to The Asylum.

3. ZeeMox

ZeeMox Opinions are like assholes. Fuck em. OT Supporter

What?

4. Ramataklan

Ramataklan Active Member

sometimes you can guess it well, but you mean some kind of other voices..

5. Axis

Axis New Member

I've experienced telepathy a few times. Even met a few telepathic people. However, I've only had an inkling of thought each time.

6. CrimsonVonDoom

CrimsonVonDoom There Cannot be Two Skies OT Supporter

Perhaps it was just intuition, then.

7. Axis

Axis New Member

No, they've professed themselves telepathic, and I've even had telepathic vibes.

8. CRySyS

CRySyS New Member

You did not experience telepathy. You most likely experienced deja-vu(when your brain signals get their timming mixed up and you think you experienced something before it happened. It happens to all of us BTW.) combined with a random lucid moment of efficient body language interpretation. If we communicated telepathicaly we would radiate SOME kind of signal. That signal would be detectable as SOME kind of interaction in the electromagnetic spectrum. It would also require more energy than we consume or expend to communicate long distances the way some 'telepaths' claim they can. What do you think is more probable, a random glitch in the meat computer or an undetectable energy force that we managed to tap into with our minds at some point in our evolution but cannot control enough to test it? Star Trek is cool but it's still just a story, sorry.

If you know you have telepathic powers and can prove it, this man will give you $1 million dollars. But I'd first ask myself, "Why do most Psychics live in rundown houses in the bad parts of town?" If I could see the future I'd get rich just so I could help many people. Those Psyhics sure are selfish.

BTW: I know all about the theories that our minds operate somewhat on a quantum level and I know about quantum teleportation. I still find the idea that we could stumble into this ability and yet still have no way to even semi-reliably instigate it less probable than the idea that sometimes people glitch and sometimes they lie.

9. CrimsonVonDoom

Oh, well in that case, I suppose I have no choice but to believe them. I profess that I am your father. Go wash my car.

Telepathic vibes, huh? Sure it wasn't... oh I don't know... intuition?

Seriously, I even believe in the paranormal in some instances, but your evidence for telepathy is... well... crap.

10. CrimsonVonDoom

why would it have to be detectable in the EM spectrum? Gravity is a real force, but we can't detect gravity itself (only its effects).

11. brobinson

brobinson New Member

The guy who pays $1 million is James Randi, www.randi.org , and he's recently changed the guidelines of the challenge. Now, you have to be a celebrity psychic, b/c he got tired of spending so much time dealing with the fruitcakes who flooded his organization with test applications.