A&P Telepathology and Microscopy

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by mace, Nov 12, 2005.

1. mace

mace i don't read

I'm looking for a solution that will allow me to capture what I see through my microscope and transmit it live to another computer on the internet. The microscope I'm using has a standard trinocular port. I would like to find a DV Camera that has the ability to change lenses, so I can connect the DV Camera to the microscope using a coupling lense and a C-Mount adapter.

I'm not sure what DV Camera to get. I would like the best camera for under $1000 if possible.

Now, once I get the camera and microscope setup to capture what I see, I would like to be able to transmit that video over the internet live. I tested out Windows Media Encoder and VLC, but there is always a delay. I would like this to be instant, so I can talk on the phone to a client and he and I can see the same thing in real time over the internet . I would preferably want clients to be using Windows Media Player, so they don't have to install additional software.

I know all this is possible, but I'm not exactly sure if I can do it instantly without a delay.

2. mace

mace i don't read