Tein SS/Basic

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Blacklighting, Sep 23, 2003.

1. If I’m looking for real performance are these any good.
    I'm planning on doing some auto-X and road racing.
    The more I look at these the more they look like plain street coilover just meant for looks.
  2. civicvtec1ps

civicvtec1ps Guest

go with tein ss. basic doesnt not have damper setting . you cant change it unlike tein ss.
  3. BlueBlur

BlueBlur Guest

i have the tanabe ss with uppermounts and they work great
  4. Astro

Astro Code Monkey

Mar 18, 2000
    I had Tein SSs on my Teg. I had 448lb front springs and 509lb rear springs. The car handled AWESOME out on the autocross course. Fronts where 4 clicks from full stiff and rears where full stiff - add Kumho V700s and the car was balanced! (enter turn at speed, understeer sets in, tap brakes to induce oversteer, wait for desired rotation, apply gas on exit). Add Falken Azenis and you get more understeer than V700s, but still very very nice. The spring rates were excellent for autocross. Not so good if the roads you daily drive on suck.
  5. Initial E

Initial E New Member

Sep 18, 2003

Get some real dampers like Zeal Super Functions. Those things will blow your back out on a dialy driver, but handle awesome on the road circuit.

A good rate of Ground Controls and Koni Yellow's still beats the budget Tien setups.

So unless you can afford and be willing to put up with an expensive and agressive setup. I say stick to GC & Koni Yellow.
  6. diddyox

diddyox Guest

I have the tein ss system on my celica and it works great.........I would rather have hotchkis or even a JIC set up but they were a little too pricey for me. Overall the teins worked out better than I thought they would. They are a good quality coilover with lots of performance.
  7. balticmkiv

balticmkiv boostaholic OT Supporter

Sep 13, 2003
    I have the tein Ha and love them. I used to have eibachs and koni yellows and the coilover setup is much better. If you really want to get a good coilover and money is not an option go with moton or ohlin.

8. civicvtec1ps

civicvtec1ps Guest

zeal is nice but wayyy too much expensive compare to tein ss / basic setup
  9. evan2

evan2 Guest

zeal, ahah should he take a loan out on his house..

I have Tein SS on my gsr, and I will say they are great and well worth the money spent