MIL Teh barracks needs a history lesson

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by gunsnlove, Jan 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gunsnlove

gunsnlove Guest

It's a shame that probably 3/4 of the population of America doesnt know that Allah is the same God worshiped by both Christians and Jews. Im just putting that out there because I see so many "sending sheet heads to Allah" or what have yous in teh barracks. I thought you all could use a history lesson. :o

from Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archangel_Gabriel
    Born Muhammad ibn Abdullah, he is said to have been a merchant who traveled widely. Muslims believe that in 610, at about the age of forty, while praying in a cave called Hira near Mecca, he was visited by the Angel Gabriel.

In the New Testament, Gabriel is the angel who reveals to Zacharias that John the Baptist will be born to Elizabeth and who visits Mary to reveal that she will give birth to Jesus. According to later legend, he is the unidentified angel in the Book of Revelation (formerly known as the Apocalypse of John) who blows the horn announcing the Judgement Day. To Catholics, he is St Gabriel the Archangel, the patron saint of communications workers. With Michael and Raphael, his feast day is September 29th.

n various religions, Gabriel (גַּבְרִיאֵל, Standard Hebrew Gavriʼel, Latin Gabrielus, Tiberian Hebrew Gaḇrîʼēl, Arabic جبريل Ǧabrīl Jibrael) is an angel who serves as a messenger from God. He appears first in the Book of Daniel in the Hebrew Bible. The name Gabriel can mean "man of God", "hero of God", or "God has shown himself mighty." In modern day times, Gabriel is Hebrew for Jason.

Oh and ranger, when the fuck is fazle supposed to get back to me on my pw? It's been like 3 days :ugh2:

ibflames
    ibban
    ibae

2. gunsnlove

gunsnlove Guest

and im not trying to hate on anyone. you guys already know my beliefs anyway. i just thought some might find it interesting.

3. seatmech83

seatmech83 New Member

I seriously don't remeber my bible saying its OK to kill people if were in a "Jihad"

4. SweetDaddyO

SweetDaddyO we need a montage!!

good post. people really don't have a good understanding of islam in this country, which is understandable but not excusable.

i took a class in college called "Islamic Political Philosophy" - one of the more interesting courses i took to get my degree. i read most of the Qu'ran for the class, and was absolutely amazed at how close it resembled the Bible - both in the main message, the contradictions, and the ease with which anyone can manipulate the interpretation to benefit their cause.

the only major difference i saw in the Qu'ran as opposed to the Bible, and that's the inclusion of systems of government in the Qu'ran. the Bible really tells individuals how to live their lives, while the Qu'ran tells people how to build perfect Islamic societies - inherent in that is the recommendation of different ways to govern your society - and interestingly, none of those ways include free democracies that we know and love in the West.

to me it seems that the major fault of Islam is its inability to seperate itself from government, which is a major principle of the United States. other than that, yes the fanatics will hijack the religion to suit their needs, just as the right-wing Christian fanatics do with Christianity and the Zionists do with Judaism.

5. SweetDaddyO

*organized religion
    and i agree for the most part, but there are many more factors involved.

we can't deny that the war we're currently fighting is very closely related to religion, so i think it's a fine topic for discussion.

6. seatmech83

seatmech83 New Member

I've retyped this about 15 times, but forgive me if I step on shoes here its just my opinion.

I agree this war is primarily associated with religion. Its kinda stupid. If you look at it were all fighting for the same thing, just different perceptions of what were fighting for and how we interpret it. But I am vengeful and believe in revenge on anyone who attacks my country should be dealt with accordingly. There are other ways to approach situations asides from flying planes into buildings and claiming religious amnesty. They stepped up and so did we and they are getting their ass kicked. Kudos to the marines who step up to any challenge of freedom for our country as well as the army and air force to defend our lives. I will post and get flamed but who cares. Its my opinion..

7. seatmech83

seatmech83 New Member

LOL. No I don't try to make people agree. Its my opinion :coolugh:

8. Accord

Accord New Member

Where's the guy with the "Jesus Loves Me, but Allah Wants me Dead" avatar.

That avatar kicks ass.

9. SweetDaddyO

makes no sense, i don't see the humor

10. SoCaLlove

SoCaLlove New Member

Hehe, you gave props to everyone except the Navy :mamoru:

Btw, did you guys here bin laden is offering a truce?!

11. gunsnlove

gunsnlove Guest

i think that was ranger's before he got modded :mamoru:

12. TRN

TRN Well-Known Member

Try telling that to the muslim population.

13. MumblingJoe169

MumblingJoe169 New Member

if i ever get captured ill make sure to tell them we all have the same god. I hear that ones a big hit with the hadji's

seriously though, would u prefer i say sending a few sheetheads to allah/god/yaweh

14. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

ALLAH is not JEHOVAH.
    Get this outta teh barracks and into OnTopic.

15. SweetDaddyO

i think it's appropriate here.

to defeat an enemy you have to understand their mindset.

16. Jyokker

Their mindset is nuts.
    This is a "history lesson" not a brief about how over-zealous jihadists think.
    Therefore this does not belong.

17. SweetDaddyO

i think the poster was trying to get rid of some of the incorrect assumptions and misinformation that many military members (who not only fight the terrorist enemy, but act as ambassadors of the US to the citizens of Iraq and Afghanistan) seem to have.

18. Jyokker

I don't feel that was the mindset at all.
    The poster was trying to claim that the god allah is the same as the god of the christians and jews. This has nothing to do with the military. If the post was along the lines of information about how jihadists think and how they use islam to further their control and power, then it might be appropriate.

19. Jyokker

20. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

/thread

Wrong forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.