GUN Teen steal gun from Police car, shoots friend

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TL1000RSquid, Nov 27, 2006.

1. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

http://www.guardian.co.uk/worldlatest/story/0,,-6241329,00.html

Police: Teen Fatally Shot by Best Friend

Monday November 27, 2006 3:31 AM

PORT ST. LUCIE, Fla. (AP) - A teenager stole a gun from a patrol car and accidentally shot his best friend in the forehead, killing him, police said.

The 17-year-old shooter was arrested on grand theft charges, and will face manslaughter charges in the death of Robert Scott Thomas Jr., Port St. Lucie police spokeswoman Michelle Steele said.

The Associated Press is not identifying the teen because of his age.

Thomas was hanging out in his friend's bedroom Friday when the boy showed off a .380 Colt pistol. He told authorities he and some friends stole the gun from a patrol car owned by a Martin County Sheriff's deputy. It was unclear if the car was locked, Steele said.

The boy removed the magazine from the gun, but didn't realize a bullet was in the chamber. He hit Thomas in the forehead, knocking him off the end of the bed. Thomas was on life support and pronounced dead on Saturday, Steele said.

The 17-year-old was at a juvenile detention center Saturday. It was not known whether he had a lawyer.

---
    Sounds like it was the LEO's BUG (or throw down :mamoru: ) Kids sound like stupid shit bags I have no pit :dunno:

[​IMG]

2. 2L Bunny

2L Bunny "It's only a Rabbit"

YES, because it's completely ok to STEAL something if the car's unlocked. I love the US, "it's not my fault"

3. FreakinSyco

FreakinSyco OT Supporter

This is why kids should be taught about guns.. I cant count the number of accidents caused by rounds left in the chamber.

Funny story my cousin who is a long time shooter and very responsible bought a new glock .45. After playing with it for a bit loading and unloading it he went to dissasemble it for the first time. He said he was attempting to pull the slide off and and he put a nice hole through through his femur. The ambulance people had to knock the door down cause he couldnt get up to unlock it.

4. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

You know I agree but at the same time I'm not sure that it would do any good. I'd like people to know how to clear guns but at the same time if you're so incredibly fucking stupid that you'd point a gun, a device known to hurl small chunks of metal at high speeds and you don't know how to operate, at someones forehead and pull the trigger, I'm not sure you'd be wise enough to clear it before doing retarded things with it anyway.

5. FreakinSyco

FreakinSyco OT Supporter

Good point. I was raised to be scared shitless of the buisness end of a gun. I guess even knowlege of emptying a gun corectly is no use if your willing to point it at a head and pull the trigger.

6. 70Machwon

70Machwon New Member

Glad it didnt happen here in CA, that PD would have lost a lot of money and a good officer.

7. 2L Bunny

8. jeepilot

jeepilot Banned

wow... remind me to never get a p3at... fucker lived 6 days before dying after being shot in the forehead. .25acp anyone?

9. 2L Bunny

That just shows not to attempt headshots with a marginal round. For that matter lots of 9mm and larger rounds get deflected when headshots are attempted.

10. gyeagle1

gyeagle1 New Member

One more peice of shit off the streets here

11. Slick26

Slick26 Gun|Bike|Cigar|PS3|Beer |Whisky|Night Crew

+1
    If you love firearms, and most likely if you are in here, you do, it is your DUTY to educate your children about firearms.
    The schools will not help you in this matter. Dad, its your job.