GUN Teen arrested for posting pictures of himself holding guns on his MySpace profile

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Accord, Feb 25, 2006.

1. Accord

Accord New Member

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11514585/

2. michael

michael FLORIDA > *

3. Accord

Accord New Member

:wtf:

4. striker754

striker754 Chillin

I see no problems. a 16 year old cannot possess a handgun in CO. He had them. I think he said he wanted to kill people too

5. islanderman7

islanderman7 New Member

well better to be safe than sorry

6. black96gtvert

black96gtvert "Is that goal regulation size or what!" -Happy Gil

yeah thats bs sorry safe then sorry whatever they should have contacted the parents not arrest the kid. i like guns, maybe he likes them too who knows :dunno:

7. eWRXshun

eWRXshun hai

california gun laws are cool too, huh?

8. D-FENS

D-FENS New Member

Now that I think of it, it's kind of surprising I've never run into any trouble. I have pics of me with my 870 and my AK on my myspace. But then again, most teachers at my school know me and know that they're legally held in my dad's name, and I don't caption the pics with shit like “Angel o’ death on wings o’ lead.”

9. D-FENS

D-FENS New Member

Kids who caption their pictures with “Angel o’ death on wings o’ lead,” are not typical gun-loving teens. They're assholes who think they're badass, but they're really just assholes. If the captions were more along the lines of what I have, like "Best Christmas present ever" under my pic of me holding my 870, and "I hate communists, but I love their guns," under a pic of me with my AK, then it would be a little more understandable.

10. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

What you should be worried about, moreso than the criminal shit, is that the SCHOOL disciplined him for shit that happened OUTSIDE of SCHOOL, and had zero bearing on anything or anyone at school. THAT'S fucked up.

11. Accord

Accord New Member

Spoken like a true Commiefornian.

12. D-FENS

D-FENS New Member

Schools are doing shit like that all the time now. I got suspended back in 8th grade for stuff that happened outside of school. MY friend had soem shitty message board, and in a general discussion thread, a certain kid was mentioned, who I didn't like too much, I basically said, "Jim sucks." Typical middle-school bickering. I never made any threats, I didn't make any posts or visit the forum during school, everything was done from home, and I was still suspended.

I appealed to the school, I was denied, I appealed to the district, and I was denied. The principal was a total douche, two of my teachers even told me that he's a dick and that he's had it out for me all along.

13. striker754

striker754 Chillin

Handgun != car

The picture shows him in possession of 3 handguns without adult supervision. Thats illegal, sucks for him. Gotta be 18 to have a handgun.

14. Accord

Accord New Member

It's impossible to prove that there was not any adult supervision because he could just say his dad was the one taking the pictures.

15. striker754

striker754 Chillin

Which is why he is facing charges. They may not get to a conviction, but who cares, he is not helping gun rights, so fuck him

The captions and saying he wanted to kill people don't help him either.

16. Accord

Accord New Member

:werd:

17. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

:werd: if he was making threats or something I can see it but if he's just posing with them big fucking deal, I got alot of pics of me when i was young with my dads guns.

18. striker754

striker754 Chillin

He was though. Said he wanted to kill people and had those gay ass captions on the picture. Just what the gun world needs, another fuckhead shooting up a school.

19. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

If thats the case I have no problem with him being arrested.

20. jeepilot

jeepilot Banned

if he was posing in such a way that it could be interpreted as a threat, i could understand school action or something, but being arrested for that is stupid. it's like taking a picture infront of a bunch of weed or infront of a thermonuclear weapon. Just cause you have a picture, doesn't mean you're going to do anything.

i hate cops...

21. Artyboy

Artyboy Necessity is the excuse for every infringement of

That's some scary shit. The last thing that Colorado needs is another Comlumbine shooting. If it was his dad who took the pictures then it'll be proven in court. I've got mixed feelings about this. On one hand it's a 16 year old kid with access to guns. On the other hand we're supposed to have the right to bear arms. The bottom line is that we have to draw the line somewhere. Firearms are dangerous, especially in the hands of irresponsible people.

22. striker754

striker754 Chillin

Have any of you seen the pictures? If his dad took those pics, the dad should be shot. Who the fuck would take a pic of their kid laying with a circle of guns around them?

Im 99.9% sure that his fucking dad did not take those pics and that he has broken the law. CO statutes mentions:

I) Illegal possession of a handgun by a juvenile is a class 2 misdemeanor.

(II) For any second or subsequent offense, illegal possession of a handgun by a juvenile is a class 5 felony.

I wonder if they will consider these 3 counts to be all the same or different ones? felony ftw.

23. black96gtvert

you are correct but i dont know if they should have taken it that far. the kid was probably just trying to look "hard" or soemthing lol

24. striker754

striker754 Chillin

Just like the Columbine kids were trying to act "hard" when they made all those videos, right?

:gtfo:

25. black96gtvert

meh. i think we would all have to see the myspace acct to judge this one. Maybe retaining him untill the weapons issues were taken care of but i dont think they should be going insane over it