GUN Ted Nugent in Wichita

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by twistid, Jun 7, 2007.

1. twistid

twistid Banged By Super Models Moderator

be sure to play the video
    http://www.ksn.com/news/local/7871587.html

WICHITA, Kansas, June 6, 2007 - Rocker Ted Nugent was in Wichita last night for a concert at the Cotillion. Before he sang, he spoke about the issue he's now known for even more than music. Gun control is front and center in Nugent's life.

"To be anti-gun, is to be pro innocent dead guys,” Ted Nugent said. “And I find that soulless and anti-American and anti-human."

Ted Nugent never minces words when it comes to gun rights. His stance is clear and often controversial

"You can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters," Nugent said. "I want warriors to have the tools necessary to stop evil."

Nugent brought attention to his cause by stopping at a gun range before his Wichita concert. But when the conversation shifts to the constitution, Nugent is all business.

"On my First Amendment rights I don't need a permit to choose my church,” Nugent said. “I don't need a piece of paper or a license from the government for freedom of speech. I will not be happy until the Second Amendment's existence is a piece of paper guaranteeing a clear God given right to defend myself."

"I don't consider Ted Nugent to be a responsible commentator on matters of public policy," Kelly Johnston, opponent said.

There are two sides to this debate. Opponents who fought conceal and carry in Kansas say the Second Amendment isn't that simple.

"Guns are clearly dangerous tools, and they need to be treated with respect," said Johnston. "That's what the discussions have been about in this state the last 15 years. It has been resolved at this point, at least for the time being."

Ted Nugent may be seen more concerning the gun debate. Rumors suggest he may be the future president of the NRA.

"I would be proud to do so and I would do it with my love grenade and my crowbar of truth," said Nugent.

2. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

"Kelly Johnston, opponent said."

opponent? To what?

3. 8BaLL

8BaLL New Member

4. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

guns :o

5. no7fish

no7fish New Member

WTFF?
    That's funny, loads of other celebrities are apparently qualified to speak on the subject.... so long as they say guns are bad!

6. cabriolet

cabriolet ...

peeemp :coold:

7. Gimik

Gimik New Member

I'm not sure he'd be the best spokesperson for the NRA ...

8. UCLA throwing

UCLA throwing New Member

Ted Nugent has been on the NRA board of directors since 2001.

He is more than a celebrity in this matter