Team Orion R/C Motors

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Deus Ex Aethera, Feb 7, 2004.

1. So I have a dual-micro-motor chassis that I want to upgrade. I'm thinking of using Team Orion's Elite Modified micro motor, but the good people at the company can't seem to tell me if the motor has a timing bias or not.

See, the a timing bias would really bite me in the ass, because the chassis is tank-driven so the motors have to run in opposite directions to drive the chassis in a straight line. If there's a timing bias on them, then I'd have one motor running well and the other motor running weak = not going in a straight line anymore.

Anybody know anything about these motors?

2. CyberLeader

CyberLeader Superior Cybernetic Race

No experience with them directly, but it looks like it should be simple to adjust the timing yourself if they come biased.

3. Mm. I suppose. Do you know how to tell if the timing is biased? I have to admit I've never really messed with modified electrics before.

4. CyberLeader

CyberLeader Superior Cybernetic Race

Its hard to tell just by looking unless you know where the neutral position is.. Its just a matter of rotating the brush assembly forward or backwards to achieve the bias (or neutrality) you want.

Easiest way is if you have them, and can hook them up to a powersupply and see which way they spin faster under the same voltage/current.

I used a pair of 24v drill motors in a battlebot i built, and they were a pain to change the timing on (had to cut part of the motor housing to clear the brush assembly). I ended up only correcting one of the two motors to be opposite of the original setting (so the pair would be matched when used on opposite sides of the 'bot).
    Those r/c motors look much simpler, since the brush assembly pops right off.
    I could be wrong though, since all im going on is the few pics on team orion's webpage.