Teach me how to use Paypal/eBay

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by kelvs, Oct 3, 2006.

1. kelvs

kelvs OT Supporter

I've been planning to sell some stuffs on eBay but the major problem is that I don't have a Paypal account. The reason being Paypal doesn't have Philippines on their list. :greddy:

I can use Western Union to receive money though but the fees are too high and I think having a Paypal would be easier for my potential "customers"

Now here's what I'm planning to do: I have relatives living in China and Taiwan which are supported by Paypal. I plan to make a Paypal account for my relatives who are living there and then use the Paypal account as my own.

Now the question is, do I necessarily need a bank account ? I'll be doing mostly selling and maybe just buy using the money I got from selling. I just want to be sure that I will be able to withdraw the money in my Paypal account after some time.

:wiggle:

2. trlc463

trlc463 New Member

I think to sell on eBay you need a bank account/credit card account OR theres a second way where you prove your identity or something or other and it costs 5 bucks :hs:

3. cmsurfer

cmsurfer ºllllllº

Yea, I think you'll need to hook up your Paypal account to your bank account to sell on Ebay. I've been doing that for years without any issues.

4. CrazyInteg

CrazyInteg Honda-Acura.net OG

And it has to be a real credit card, not one of those pre-paid visa cards you can buy at a gas station. They do periodically check the information.

Buddy of mine moved back to Thailand, and updated his credit card with his new Thai address. Now PayPal locked his account because even though it is an American bank, his address is in Thailand.

5. kelvs

kelvs OT Supporter

Thanks for the replies.

Anyway I found a local company that provides service of accepting payments from Paypal so I think I'll get that instead.

:bigthumb:

6. CrazyInteg

CrazyInteg Honda-Acura.net OG

Wow, what kind of place is this? This is a very interesting idea! Website? What are their fees?

7. cmsurfer

cmsurfer ºllllllº

It's probably not any help to you, but there are stores around here called iSOLD It (http://www.i-soldit.com) which sells Ebay items for you. They do obviously charge a fee, but sounds like it may be a good idea for people not familiar with Ebay.

8. R-Type

R-Type The Bydo Empire must die!

9. Schproda

Schproda New Member

For as much as Ebay charges nowdays, you have to factor in what your selling charges will be before putting something up.