Teach me about NLP

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Falconer, Apr 3, 2007.

1. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Some of the "critiques" I've read call it a pseudo-science.

I remember hearing about it YEARS ago, but I never found much good info on it.

Where can I actually learn about it? I know what it stands for but I don't know what it is. Can I get like a Cliff's Notes summary? I don't want a wikipedia article.

2. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

neuro linguistic programming

I got hooked on it a year and 1/2 ago. I don't use it for slimy things like you read in PUA books, but definitely gives me an edge in the business world. Basically teaches you how to control conversations, implant thoughts into peoples heads (you steal their ideas and they seriously think it was originally your idea - you put an idea in someones head to get them to do what you want without them thinking you did anything)

This combined with learning how to read body language/use your own body language is extremely powerful in the right circumstances.

It applies to almost anything in life and makes life so much more entertaining because when you are bored you can 'practice' which is basically you fucking with people just to see the end result. :dunno:

It's a fun hobby basically

3. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

So do you learn different things for specific situations (business, PUA, etc.), or is it concepts that you can apply to anything?

Any place you'd recommend I start learning?

4. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

Well the PUA has some slimy shit that is in its own catagory, but yeah if you learn it without the slimy shit it can be applied to EVEYTHING - Life, girls, friends, random people, etc

I learned 99% of it from the internet. I have a library on my comp of a ton of books and 1/2 the stuff is NLP/body language the other 1/2 is health fitness

5. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

Also there is self NLP which is powerful, like enabling yourself to see where/how your brain connects things/thoughts and reprogramming yourself. I can literally kill any emotion I am experiencing by saying/thinking "cut" in my head. Don't really know how "cut" came to be, but I worked on the self NLP and the "cut" evolved from that. It basically kills whatever I am feeling at that time so I can take another look at what I am experiencing unbiased. Don't know if this makes sense to other people without them having some sort of understanding of NLP though

6. Jackie Treehorn

Jackie Treehorn Active Member

:eek3:

Always found this fascinating. I've never taken the time to learn or apply it though. I may have to read into it again. It does seem like an intriguing hobby :o

7. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

I practice this every day :cool:

8. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

That shit is way too complicated for me to figure out.

Which is why my motto is "Keep it simple."

I'm a simple guy and it would take me way too much effort to learn NLP.

I know enough about it that I could spot it if someone used it on me though.

9. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

It seems a lot more difficult then it really is, plus after reading up on it you will start to notice some of the things when dealing with people. And since you deal with people on a regular basis (or most people do) you might as well practice

:rofl: No you couldn't. Unless they are new to it and just practicing. But if you and I were to meet (and you didn't know I was who I am, therefore not knowing I am using it) you wouldn't have a clue.

Plus it isn't always something that people USE on you. For example: Reading peoples eyes tells you a lot about what they are saying, peoples eyes move in different directions depending on what they are trying to think of. Therefore you can use that to lead a conversation. Or just by chatting with someone you can find out how their brain works/learns - Visual, Audio, hands on - and adjust the words you use to sync up with them. An easy example of this is:

Do you know Yail?
    "Sounds familiar" Audio learner
    "I think I can picture his face" Visual learner

Think of it like trying to teach someone something simple but for some reason the person just doesn't get it. Well odds are you are trying to teach them in a way they aren't good with. Just using the proper words to suit their learning style goes a LONG way. If you can sync up with someone during conversation with the way their brain best responds to input you build rapport a lot faster.

I could go on, but basically you are kidding yourself if you think you are above the effects it has

10. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Can you send me the files over AIM?

11. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

I don't use AIM. I'll try to find some links for you though if I get time later today. Just go into torrents and type NLP. I got a lot of it off of Limewire to (although I hate limewire it was useful for this stuff)

12. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

I'm familiar with this.

You are probably right that I couldn't spot it in that scenario, but I believe if someone was using it to get me to do something I wouldn't otherwise want to do, that it wouldn't work.

13. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

If that works the way I think you described it, that would be awesome.

14. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Do you have specific book or file names I should look for?

15. xinster

xinster New Member

i think NLP is absolutely great. its not a pseudoscience, its psychology. subliminal stuff

16. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

I have my business father dad and all my psych classes to thank for this kind of shit. I always get my way.

edit: get what I want :)

Last edited: Apr 3, 2007
  17. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

Well saying that I can get someone to do something they don't want to do is misleading. Because obviously you can't get anyone to do anything they don't want to do regardless of how much/little NLP you know. What I mean when I say: getting people to do what they dont want - I mean (will explain with a scenario from when I was learning)

At the time I worked in a factory and there was this old grumpy guy that sat by himself and was a grump to anyone that tried to make nice with him.

One day I figured I'd try to test what I had learned and see if I could A) Open him (like a PUA opens a set) B) befriend him (not to many people were able to do this in the 20 years he worked for the company)

I sat down at the table with him, and matched his body language exactly:
    He had his arms crossed, a scowl on his face, slouching in his chair. I did all 3

I asked him a question about work - don't remember what it was - not important - just to start a conversation. After ~30 seconds he changes his body language - leans back in his chair - he is getting more defensive because he is an anti-social asshole that doesn't like having to be social

So I lean back in my chair (like he just did). I asked him about the machine he was running and if he could explain some parts to me that I didn't understand (peoples favorite topic is always talking about themselves), so he now uncrosses his arms and puts his hands on the table - I wait ~5 seconds and do the same.

He keeps talking because it is a subject he loves - he is really good at his job and likes people to know that

This is where I open him, I have been matching his body language for a few minutes now, I started talking about one of the hot young girls that works near him (who doesn't like talking about hot girls) and I lean back in my chair, put my hands/arms behind my head in a casual open body language type way.

He now sits up and leans forward - I opened him completly

We chatted for a bit more, then I left to go back to work. During a later break he sat down and started telling me a story about the hotty that works near him - he approached me. I both A)opened him, and now B) befriended him

And yes I know this sounds exactly like the shit you read in the PUA books about opening girls etc- BECAUSE IT IS. But NLP is basically just understanding the animal side of humans - bahviour, sensory input, and knowing how to work with it. It applys to girls like the PUA books show. Or life in general. I no longer work in a fatory and am self employed. And NLP helps me every time I meet with a client. I use NLP all the time, makes me more money, gets me laid more, makes life more fun in general.

18. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

Start with anything by Richard Bandler. He is the one who discovered it and made it what it is today. Some of his older older stuff (from the 70's) is a little dated but the principals haven't changed much. Although the subject has become broader since then. Just go to your local library to and look for NLP books, they should have a few. Most to do with business which is a good starting point regardless of if you want to use it for business or not. Because it will give you the foundation to take it to random girls if that is your goal.

19. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

fixed :bigthumb:

because it is so much more then just getting your way

20. Chip Chipperson

Chip Chipperson New Member

nlp has little in-field value for picking up chicks (especially when compared to other methods that are known). That's why no one uses it anymore. However, if you learn it, you can do stuff to YOURSELF that you may find useful, like creating anchors, etc. Probably the most useful thing you will get out of it is learning how to phrase certain things, for example "don't think of a pink elephant" will make you think of a pink elephant anyway because of how our minds work (and other salesmen-like techniques). That's the best thing you'll get out of NLP. And the eye-accessing cues have been proved to be bullshit.

21. xinster

xinster New Member

wat eye accessing cues are you talking about?

22. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

That sounds really cool.

23. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

:rofl: You have no idea what you are talking about. And the eye-accessing cues work extremly well. The part that is tricky with them is not everyone uses the same cues. So you have to discover what the cues are for each specific person - which isn't actually hard to do if you know the types of questions to ask someone (force them to use them to see what they do).

24. Chip Chipperson

Chip Chipperson New Member

lol well if you phrase it like that, then yeah man YOU ARE TOTALLY RIGHT. That fuckin' NLP really is strong, jesus, i'm sweating

25. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

What the hell? Just because you say something doesn't exist doesn't mean that you are right. I use this stuff every day and it works wonders. I make more money as a direct result of it working. Beleive whatever you want because it doesn't have an impact on what I beleive but leave your bullshit for other threads.