tboned last night

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by FindersKeepers, Jan 29, 2008.

1. FindersKeepers

FindersKeepers New Member

:wtc:

http://www.addictivedesires.com/gallery/v/jchargu3/shadow/tboned/

was doiing as nice leisurely cruise.. going down the raod... saw truck at side street stop sign, i slowed down to 35mph

he came into me just as i passed him, i had leaned lefty to avoid.. my right arm took a blowe to his fender at 25-30mph, he contacted the bik at my hip... captioned in pics

nap time again:sadwavey:

2. Swift

Swift http://www.bounceweb.com

Ouch. Get better meng.:sadwavey:

3. Boudreaux

Boudreaux Active Member

sorry to hear, speedy recovery for you!

how did insurance and everything go down?

4. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Just when I think I can't stand any more Harleys with their loud-ass mufflers, I see something like this again. The funny thing is, the sound doesn't do shit anyway, not with all the insulation and stereo systems and cellphones :)madfawk:) that cars have nowadays, so I still kinda hate loud fucking cruisers. I can hear them better in my house than I can in my car.

The fundamental problem is that too many people treat driving like it's something they do in between important things. Hope you didn't break anything.

5. LiveSideways

LiveSideways Two bitches at the same time, synchronized swimmer

Did he stick around? When I got clipped they just bailed and left me in the street.

6. FindersKeepers

he was just a young country kid. wrapped up in love (i think his g/f was distracting him)

he did stop, thankfully, he was more scared than me lo

calling insurance today..

loud pipes wont help if they are in front of you, sound travelsbackwards out the pipes not foirward

7. Junkie

Junkie re-tarded OT Supporter

8. BKhAH

BKhAH OT Supporter

Would you just shut the fuck up? you stupid fuckng douche bag.

9. darksands

darksands New Member

Glad to see your up and posting on the OT. Hope everything is taken care of. My friend has a RC51 with loud ass pipes. He doesnt have it to warn people, he has it cause it sounds bad ass.

10. FindersKeepers

Say what you want about huge brick phones But mine saved my hip from some serious shit sunday night.

After spending the day installing my JVC head unit and cd changer in the sierra, and talking to dad for a bit on some options for his reverse cameras (hooking them up for easier trailer manuevering). I decided to take a somewhat small run on the bike.

I had gone, 10 miles and was headng home when on a open stretch of highway I was tboned by a kid pulling out from a stop sign.

I thankfully slowed down when i saw his truck sitting at the sign and prepared for action, as i got up to hm i saw him moving forward so i braked, downshifted and steered left to gtfo of the way.

Hi hit me in my right hip, right where my xv6700 was strapped in its holster, his bumper tore into my seat where my thigh/buttocks, it smashed my right shock and bent it inward. I then slammed into his truck at 30mph taking the complete force of im pact in my right elbow.

The bike then fell to the left, my rear tire bounced off of a part of his truck and sent the bike spinning, i was thrown into oncoming traffic lane, i slid roughly 35 feet by my visual guess. The bike slid about 45 feet in the center turn lane that I tried to make it to.

As I slid, everything ive ever known flashed thtough my mind and rested with my family and someone else, and i opened my eyes while i slid and rolled, i saw the pavement speeding by not even an ich from my face.. I saw a headlight pointed at me and the deepest most intense wave of fear swept over me, i thought i was about to kiss bumper miseltoe. I clenched my eyes shut again, my thoughts were wild and random.

When I stopped sliding and rolling I opened my eyes to see my bike still sliding, throwing sparks everywhere (as a bgged minitrucker normally sparks are cool, not this time.)

The headlight I saw was that of my bikes, Fear subsided, adrenaline anger and pain took its immediate place with great force.

I stood up, and yelled with great fury at the young kid who just ruined my perfect christmas gift from my father, I was hurt, emotionally, mentally, physically, I could only think of a few people to call.. My parents my uncle and the special person.

Many people helped my gather my parts, madesure i was ok, and got the bike off the road, i thank them dearly just wish i knew who they were.

they found my phone, crushed on the side of the road, my holster torn and battered still attached to my pants, i needed to call people to get there but couldnt.. my first thought was to call someone else but I instead tried for my uncle who is a cop in the county . With someone elses number showing up he didt answer Sad

I then called my dad, my mom answered, i told her where i was that im fine and the bike is wrecked, dont rush just get there, they did lol.. but i wasnt fine i was hurtingmajorly

I then appologized to the boy who hit me for yelling at him and nearly coming clkose to punching him, he was scared shitless.. I still feel sad for him, young country good ole boy. I remeber those days in my life Smile

Cops came, did their thing, made ius fill out the incident report *bums*
    Rolling Eyes

we loaded the bike into the dually and took it home then i went to the docs

Me: right arm smashed, rash on back, and knees, and right pinky, no movement in right elbow or wrist, not broken though.

Bike: - needs seat, shocks, pipes, forward control , air cleaner, sissy bar, speedo, headlight, mirrors, grips.

pics

http://www.addictivedesires.com/gallery/v/jchargu3/shadow/tboned/

cliffs: im gonna make you read it

thats about as long a version as i can type right now.. this took 2 hours, left hansded :(

once i can type better every bit of details will be posted

Also for the guy above again i stress... LOUD PIPES DONT SAVE LIVES, people paying attention do..

If loud pipes save lifes why are so many people killed by trains? The have super loud horns, louder than any harley pipes....

11. toezter

toezter New Member

thats it, i'm not riding till i get a 125db+ horn from pepboys before the season starts.

glad to see you were wearing your helmet.

12. FindersKeepers

im late on this but im getting one of those "bad boys" that mount on the right side of the bike, in the same area the air cleaner is on the left.

Also ordered some brihgt ass secondary lights :wiggle:

13. LOLZILLA

LOLZILLA New Member

awwww, snap.

Sorry to hear about this, man.

Hope your arm gets better soon.

14. jtl090179

jtl090179 Oh I get it, yeah. He's the girl, then you're the OT Supporter

almost makes me want to quit riding, i had a few close calls last year, and so did most of my friends: group ride at a 4 way stop. buddy pulls out and car does a shitty slow down go again even though we were stopped. buddy pulls front brake hard and does a standing nose dive into the dirt.

another ride, about 5 of us, three in front pack, 2 stragglers. the three pass by a car lot, 2 stragglers are just coming up to it. lady on phone pulls out of lot without looking, both pull brakes, one only front, and does a stoppie (which he doesnt even know how to do, scared him shitless) when it comes down he lays the bike down. other grabs front and back brakes locking em up doing a sideways slide into the culvert. he landed on his feet and was able to ride out of the ditch.

three of us going to a buddies house in the boonies. driver on other side of the road drifts into us (oncoming traffic) leaned right hard onto the gravel side. almost lost it and ate it at about 60.

15. toezter

toezter New Member

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/2137/

nautilus stebel, also FIAMM has some similar ones. the dual airhorns, which is half the cost, is also double the size of the nautilus. hacks available to separate the compressor from the horn. gotta get around to ordering it.

what are you looking into for secondary lights?