GUN Tax time woohoo!

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by no7fish, Apr 10, 2008.

1. no7fish

no7fish New Member

So as much as I tried to convince myself there were other things to spend tax money on, when I saw the state portion in my accoutn I pooped myself a little and decided I have to have a new toy... The big question is what to get.

Post suggestions please.

I'm looking for something 9mm, most probably one of the Sig 225-P6's. That is a smokin deal and they are comfy for my hands. But then if anyone can talk me into something else then I'll do it. lol I'm fairly set on the 225 but I'm sure there are things I haven't considered. I would really like to fondle an HK P7 as I'm pretty sure I would cave in and buy one immediately. Other than that I can't think of anything that really does it for me in a 9mm. Thoughts and suggestions?

Also, I think I want to get a kit of some sort too. Are Sten kits pretty easy to get these days? I've seen Sumoi (sp?) kits for cheap but I'm unsure as to what needs doing to make one work.

2. thedude11

thedude11 New Member

Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (Scrotum: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D060; Blazer/4.5) 16;320x320)

I highly recommend the P7. It's such an awesome pistol... :love:

Great for target shooting, extremely controllable, safest and quickest gun to carry, very safe, you can send it to Tripps and make it a sex machine, etc...

Only con is the price...:hsd:
    Grade B, still very nice finish, is 600 dorras and mags were around 50 dorras (when I bought mine). Well worth it, though... :hsd::love:

3. cabriolet

cabriolet ...

Spend it on me, I owe this year :(

4. ShackleMeNot

ShackleMeNot MINDSET

Invest in yourself. Get training.

5. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

mine is going into my IRA :hs:

6. no7fish

no7fish New Member

I'm doing some of that as well but I have a huge itch for a Sten and I'd kinda like some sort of 9mm too since I don't own one...

7. skeletor25rs

skeletor25rs Yetis & Deer

I'm buying a jeep.... What good are guns if you can't get them into the woods.

8. idleprocess

idleprocess Bring a dollar with you baby in the cold cold grou

Last I checked, P7 mags are going for considerably more than 50 greenbacks... more like double that number.

9. no7fish

no7fish New Member

Well I know i need to get the 225 now, they won't be around for long. The P7 is almost certainly in my future but I don't know when. I'm pretty sure they won't increase in price very soon, just get harder to find. I do need to get one soon though...

Does anyone know where to get Sten kits these days? Everywhere seems sold out.

No other 9mm options? How about 10mm, does anyone still make one of those?

10. thedude11

thedude11 New Member

Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (Scrotum: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D060; Blazer/4.5) 16;320x320)

Well my extra mag cost me 54 bucks when I bought it, IIRC. Where are you seeing double the prices? Did you check CDNN, I'd bet they're probably around 50 bucks there... :dunno:

11. vwpilot

vwpilot New Member

Lucky bastards, I owe. And it sucks, cause owning a business and having to pay quarterly means that even if I get back on the years taxes, I still have my first quarter of the next year due at the same time. So no tax time purchases for me unfortunately.

12. idleprocess

idleprocess Bring a dollar with you baby in the cold cold grou

Impact guns has them for ~$100, which was the first place I was able to fine them last I looked.

CDNN has them for ~$50. Pricey, but not outrageous. And they're out of stock.

13. AustinL911

AustinL911 Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator

Are TopGun's P7's worth it for $600? I need to get one of these.

14. thedude11

thedude11 New Member

It will have some minor exterior wear from being holstered, but the internals will be great.

It's an awesome gun... I say it's worth it. My $0.02

15. AustinL911

AustinL911 Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator

Edit- scratch that. It's not the model I wanted. I'd like to find an M8 model. TGS only has the PSP.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2008