GUN taurus pt92 vs beretta 92fs?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by spankaveli, Feb 10, 2003.

1. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

can anyone link me to any sites where these guns are compared? whats different, etc?

2. Fook Yoo

Fook Yoo OT Supporter

all those beretta clones lacks quality as in internal,external,accuracy,and most of em are made south america or egypt, if you hold them side by side you can clearly see the diffrence how much more beautiful the beretta is compare to the others ,all those clones are under $400 while the beretta is around $550,,in my opinion i rather spend that extra 150 bucks to have the build quality and not to mention owning a classic

3. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

The Taurus PT92 is made in Brazil on Beretta machinary (Taurus bought the factory when Beretta pulled out of Brazil.), hence you'll often hear them referred to as Brazilian Berettas. The safety design is of the original Beretta design instead of the newer slide mounted style on the 92FS today, but they are otherwise unremarkable in their differences.

It might be argued that the quality of the materials may differ from its Italian older brother, but i've never seen anything bad about the PT92's.

4. KW

KW Guest

Having handled them both I'd say go with the Taurus ... you're really not giving up much besides the name.

5. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

I like the design of the safety/decocker on the Taurus better. :-/