TAT Tattoos and Piercings in the Workplace

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by MarshyTheKid, Jun 19, 2008.

1. MarshyTheKid

MarshyTheKid New Member

So I'm a senior in college right now and I'm starting to look at jobs for when I graduate. I'll be having a degree in Computer Science. I wasn't too sure about jobs with piercings. I have my lobes done twice, one at 2(About to go to 0) and the other at 6, a conch and industrial in my right and an helix orbital in my left.
    I found this site where people post whether or not different companies will allow mods and thought I would share. http://modifiedmind.com/employline.html
    What have you guys encountered? I'm still worried that I won't get a job I want because they won't allow any piercings. When I go on interviews I will be wearing retainers as much as possible.

2. ERabbit

ERabbit OT Supporter

given that not all of society has yet accepted mods, it is definitely in your best interest to try and wear retainers and/or go without the piercings until you land a job.

some places are obviously much more mod friendly and these kind of places might be a better environment to work in but they can also be hard to come by

getting a job should be a priority and once you get into a place you can feel it out

my ink is coverable in pants and pretty much short sleeves (inside of my arm can be seen) but i work in a collared shirt, or when i teach surfing and skating it doesn't matter what is visible

3. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

FUCK THE MAN!!!!