TAT Tattoos and meaning..

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by verbal, Sep 23, 2006.

1. verbal

verbal Active Member

Do all of your tattoos have some meaning to you?

The tattoos that do have meaning...did you think of them and get them pretty quickly or did you think about them for a long time?

2. sparq

sparq New Member

Try searching on the threads already made in this forum for the answer.

3. LocoStrange

LocoStrange New Member

There are plenty of threads regarding this manner. I am too lazy to retype all of it but both of my tattoos made me think for a few months before I actually got them

4. JS1

JS1 sup

My tattoo doesn't have a meaning. I picked out something from the book of tribal designs that looks cool.

5. marauder

marauder New Member

What I want to get does have a meaning to me and it was somthing I have thought about for years I just don't have the money to do it as it will cost $1000s and not sure when I will :(

6. pwnisher

pwnisher Guest

if you don't get a tattoo with a meaning, then what would be the point of getting one at all?

7. SmokeDog420

SmokeDog420 New Member

Maybe because you like fucking art? You really dont know how to think.. IM sure there are a lot more reason, but I gave you one, and thats more than enough.

8. Zyzzybalubah

Zyzzybalubah New Member

^^

:werd: I have one that doesn't mean shit, but I really like the design. It's far from art, but I think it looks nice, and that's all that really matters. :)

9. 396Hawk

396Hawk Active Member

My first one didn't have any special meaning... I just thought it was a cool design.

My second one has meaning, it's the Italian and American flag crossed with an eagle in the middle.

My next one will have meaning as well, it's going to be a portrait of my Uncle and Grandfather - they both helped raise me and are both recently deceased.

10. joy division

joy division New Member

For someone with such horrible tattoos you really have no place to talk :hs:

11. Memor

Memor Active Member

:mamoru:

12. BrokenHalo

BrokenHalo New Member

i've drawn all of my tattoos. 3 of them are original designs.
    they all have meaning, even if its just a small amount.

the first 2 i ever got were sort of spontaneous and fun

the second two i thought over for probably a year before getting them

the last one i thought about for awhile, decided not to get it and then just went and got it about a week after that decision.

13. Sophie

Sophie New Member

I only have two tattoos on either side of my rib cage.
    But.
    Having a best friend who's Dad is a tattoo artist and seeing how many tattoos it takes to make up two sleaves and a full back piece I understand him when he says "Eventually you get over the fact they look cool but don't mean shit"

I mean.
    I'm not one to say how wonderful lower back tattoos, off the wall are.
    In fact I'm rather hypocritical because I really think most of them are the most revolting excuses for tattoos I have ever seen.

But I think it does get to a point where not EVERY single tattoo you get has to have some sort of double/triple meaning.

But I still think designing your own tattoos is the way to go. :)

14. Black Jackal

Black Jackal New Member

My first tattoo was just a star I liked the design of on my shoulder.

My next had a lot of meaning, it represented my entire background as well as a word that fits my description.

Then I got a couple punk band tattoo's, since I've loved punk every since I was young.

But my latest has a lot of meaning too....having to do with my heritage. My left arm is meaningful and my right arm is pretty meaningless....but to each their own.

15. WickedDevil

WickedDevil New Member

I have a tattoo of a fairy on my back left shoulder blade, and she has great meaning to me, and it wasn't a decision I made spontaneously. The reason I got a fairy, was because I loved them and was fascinated with them as a little girl, and I wanted to find a way to hold on to that innocence...:) :)

16. offbla6k

offbla6k New Member

some do some don't

17. thoughtshewas18

thoughtshewas18 OT Supporter

Okay lets see I am from Hawaii Born and raised and am Half Hawaiian and Tahitian, the meaning of tatoo should be meaningful, and hold significance and respect, I kn0w that alot of hawaiian get really pist when hawaiian tribals are done with no meaning its just a tribal on a person. Hawaiians take it really seriously when they get there tattoos cause its there lineage or there tribe which traces back to there royalty or ancestors, like for me im a direct desendant of the fouth king of hawaii, and i have a tribe name, so i have to find what tribal to get along with my tribe name, its all about the bloodline, keep the blood line strong so in answer to your question if you get a tatoo get something with meaning cause its going to be on your forever, get something you want to tell people about.
    B

18. deuceforty

deuceforty between rupture and rapture

see my thread on the tattoo that i want

its a fallen angel with the words "never forget" because last year one of my best friends died in a car accident on the way back from feeding the homeless at a soup kitchen before school, the kid was incredibly active in church, and whenever i have had a rough time in my life i have just closed my eyes and thought "dc get me through this" my buddy i view as a fallen angel because we saw him as an angel on earth who was taken from us (a lady in a minivan hydroplaned and hit him head on at 70mph) i want there to be visible tears because i cried for hours/days after he died, our school was actually shut down that day...

19. ~QueenBee~

~QueenBee~ OT Supporter

my 1st tattoo has no meaning just something I felt like getting. Its a bird on my left shoulder blade.
    My 2nd I got had more meaning. Its a decent sized QueenBee, with my family birthstones in the crown. It represents me, my car and my family. (took me a year to get everything the way I wanted)

I just booked my artist for my next : a memorial tattoo. In memory of my uncle that passed away. Its taken me 3yrs to get this planned out.

Eventually I plan on getting a leg sleeve done, but thats gonna be abit pricey for me.

20. jennyjenn

jennyjenn New Member

[​IMG]

Life is meaningless w/o passion.

21. sparq

sparq New Member

This your foot? What font is that in... its pretty simple, but looks great. :bigthumb: