TAT Tattoos and chlorine

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by 98TsiAWD, May 29, 2004.

1. 98TsiAWD

98TsiAWD New Member

2 friends of mine just got tattoos today (Friday, a birthday gift) and one has her graduation open house on Sunday. It is at a poolside suite at a hotel and we are planning on swimming since a few of us are just going to stay there all night. They were wondering if the chlorine in the water would bother their new tats, so I thought I would post on here and ask! What a better place, right? Anyone have any information about this, whether they should avoid it all together or if maybe the "tattoo goo" they got would prevent any irritation or what...? Anyway, thanx in advance :)

2. Phantom Empress

Phantom Empress mmmmmm tasty!!!

I was told to avoid direct sun, Chlorine, & sea water on mine for the first few weeks. I say load up on the sun screen and A&D ointment and avoid the water. bt I'm no pro, this is only what i was told for my tattoo.

3. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

stay outta the water! chlorine will kill a new/fresh tattoo. constant soaking(even over-moisturizing) will cause the tattoo to scab over too much which in turn draws the ink outta the skin

4. definitely do not swim with a new tattoo. i made this mistake and lost a considerable amount of ink through too much scabbing. two to three weeks of taking good care of fresh ink will last a lifetime.

5. 98TsiAWD

98TsiAWD New Member

okay you guys (and gals) thank you for all the advice. I will pass on the information to my 2 friends. I just hope they listen to me--well you all, I guess! :)

6. Uthinkso

Uthinkso Tattoo Canvas

You'll want to avoid chlorine for sure!!