TAT Tattooing in 10 years

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by TWG, Mar 11, 2010.

1. TWG

TWG New Member

Where do you guys see tattoo going in the next 10 years? I know most of you will probably have a different opinion on this then me but I'm curious as to how everybody sees it.

I've been getting tattooed a long time and i have noticed a huge difference in the artists that are in a lot of shops today and those back then. The vibe is different and I think its because the craft of tattooing is slowing fading away with today's youth. The pioneers had to work hard for what they had while today any kid can open a shop and call themselves a tattooer.

So as these great tattooers get old and retire or just stop tattooing for whatever reason who's stepping up in there place. Sure there are many great tattooers out there but there are many more that frankly suck. Many many more and most people don't do the research to know the difference. Pretty soon there will be no need for tattoo studios as we know them. So and so knows somebody who can do it cheaper because they do it from home.

2. meshuggahn

meshuggahn New Member

Is different and cheaper a bad thing? I dont think it will ever get cheap for good work though, its art no matter how you look at it. Good art work didnt cease when oil paints and canvas became cheap to the masses. Good work will always be good work even with new trends. Shitty work will still stand out as shitty work even if it is ridiculously abundant. At least I hope so :x:.

3. IntheWorks

IntheWorks windin film.. takin pics Moderator

photographers are going through the same battles... you've got some fly by night operations with a shitty product... that's fine though, someone needs to cater to the bottom feeders. People who value the work will always be around to pay a greater amount of money for better work.

4. Gogoplata

Gogoplata Guest

Can look at it a couple of ways. Tattoos are becoming more acceptable culturally mostly due to the fact that more and more people are having them. The core, excellent artists are still out there. If you want them - you can find them. But every 19 year old girl who wants stars or a flower doesn't need top notch artists. They want some young kid with sleeves doing it - they wouldn't know the difference. Tattooing has changed for sure but with the increased exposure and need comes the need for more "artists". If you want a good artist - you can find one if you look hard. It's easy to find a shitty artist.

5. TWG

TWG New Member

Cheaper is bad if you have to sacrifice quality. The problem being that the average person going to get tattooed has no idea that the reason it's costing them less is because the person doing it sucks. Some people actually think all tattooers are the same.

And art supplies costing less is obviously going to help people because they are able to practice more with less out of pocket expense. Some jabrone tattooing isn't paying to tattoo these people these people are paying him and they deserve to get a quality tattoo.

6. meshuggahn

meshuggahn New Member

I see that as kinda beside the point. Just like in any art form, there are hacks. Think of all the shitty musicians out there. Lots of people enjoy them because they are never introduced to anything better. So what? That doesnt mean good music cant exist.

I guess I just dont care if people are dumb enough to get shitty tattoos as long as quality is still available. Which it always will be IMO.

7. PlutoBHG

PlutoBHG New Member

holy shit youve been getting tattood since 2000? you are an og son

8. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

2000? I think TWGs been getting tattoo since probably early 90s possibly late 80s. :rofl:

9. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

oh and i've typed out a response to this about 10 times but just delete it and re-think my opinion. I'll eventually get something concrete down and post it in here.

10. PlutoBHG

PlutoBHG New Member

oh my bad, OG!

11. PlutoBHG

PlutoBHG New Member

Not that ive been around in the cool guy club forever, but to answer your posts question atleast instead of just fucking with you. I think that the sentiment of the OGs has probably been similar to yours for quite a while but the fact remains that it doesnt matter whos getting or giving tattoos in the end, its an experience for everyone in a different way and tattooing just like any other artform/hobby will always be changing and it just depends on what angle you look at it from as to wether its for the worse or better.

12. TWG

TWG New Member

you realize tattoos are permanent right?

13. TWG

TWG New Member

1994:o I'm only 32 but I do consider myself "OG." Not because of how long I've been getting tattooed but because of the respect I have for it.

14. meshuggahn

meshuggahn New Member

Yeah. What does that change? If people want dumb shit/poorly done shit on them for the rest of their lives, that does not bother me one bit. In fact, it makes picking out the retards easier. They marked themselves.