TAT tattoo

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by inamorato, Apr 6, 2005.

1. inamorato

inamorato New Member

new summer tattoo?

i think i just want a plain and simple LOVE tattoo'd from the underside of my arm from the elbow to the armpit ya know... love is the only thing that dosnt fail me... :wiggle:
    i think it would be black outlined with a color on the inside... my favorite color is orange... would it look tacky as hell to have a black outlined tattoo with orange filling the letters?

i cant decide between Red, Orange, Black, Or just outlined (i havnt seen many orange tattoos... but they gotta make orange ink right?)

opinions?

thank you

Last edited: Apr 6, 2005
  2. Laurel

Laurel New Member

do a blue outline with an orange interior if you're going to do orange. Won't look like halloween.

oh yeah, and perhaps a bit more cmprehensive thread title?

3. inamorato

inamorato New Member

oop... i made it better :-D thankyou! blue and orange... thats not too bad.... kinda like it!

4. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

black with orange inside would work good.

blue would work but its finding an artist to outline in blue that is the problem. most artists prefer to outline in black. it seems to hold a sharper contrast to the skin and looks better over time.

5. Phantom Empress

Phantom Empress mmmmmm tasty!!!

Go with black and orange... Unless you want to look like a gators fan. :squint:

6. 12345678

12345678 EH?

i agree

Something that stands out and has a good contrast will make you happier in the end

7. UpStateGS

UpStateGS Fresh like I just stepped out of the dryer.

You going to do just a solid fill for the word? You can get prety creative with some monotone shading effects. Nice concept though.

8. inamorato

inamorato New Member

the reason orange is important to me is because its my favorite color... and its the thing people identify with me... i always have these fat laces that are orange in my shoes they litteraly are the brightest orange ive ever seen... they are even in my senior pictures (selective color on the laces (me in black in white)) the orange gives off a good vibe... spuratic, indivdualistic, weird, and different (that is good in my book) (F**k Normality Praise Abnormality)

i duno about shading... but it would be neat to start with orange (or red) and Fade To Black at the bottom........

one of my friends thinks its a gay tattoo... but i dont really fricked care what he thinks :) ... although he wants a ying yang on his right hand with a crown on it............ i wouldnt get that (its stupid)

Last edited: Apr 6, 2005
  9. inamorato

inamorato New Member

is it gona be a biotch to line up(different looking with my arm down up and flexed)
    and will it stretch if i get new muscle?

10. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

a good artist should be able to place the stencil with no problems.

you have to put on a lot of muscle to make a difference

11. inamorato

inamorato New Member

thanks almighty you seem to be one of the most helpful people here!
    any opinion on the tattoo? im really interested in what people think about it...

12. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

even when at work i try not to give opinions on tattoos. the way i see it is that YOU have to live with it for life, no one else.

13. sugarnspice19

sugarnspice19 New Member

Sounds like a sweet idea, just try and find out why orange isn't used very often. If it just happens to be that not many people like orange, then that's fine, but you might want to reconsider if there's a specific reason orange isn't used. It might have a high incidence of allergic reaction, or it might take a lot of pigment for it to show up at all, or it might fade fast. I do like the orange and blue idea though, so if you can find a way to make it work, go for it.