TAT Tattoo suggestions and ideas

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by bigman7903, Sep 20, 2007.

1. bigman7903

bigman7903 OT Supporter

Hey guys, i want to get a tattoo on my leg to mark a turbulent time in my life. I had an idea, but i got a lot of constructive criticism the last time i posted that (thank you by the way), and felt that it would be a decent idea to see if you guys could spark an idea for me to run w/. I was thinking a calf sleeve, or a band, anything on the leg i'm cool w/, i kind of want to keep it on the leg since its my problem area.

To make a long story short, i've played sports since i was little, wrestling ultimately became my favorite, and going into my senior year of i was viewed as being one of the better kids in the area, i ended up going 30-12, only being stopped due to a nasty knee injury which wasn't correctly diagnosed until 4 months after the fact. I had severe impact damage such as internal hemmoraging, bone bruising, stretched ligaments, torn tissue, finally having surgery to clean out floating debris, trimming up a good chunk of torn cartilage, and removing the plica. I went on to college, walked on to the team, and within 2 weeks of practice, the knee was messed up again, i continued to wrestle until xmas break since i was a starter. i saw a new surgeon who said that he believed that i had torn the same piece of cartilage, and would probably need microfracture. I asked if i could finish the season, he agreed since he couldnt opperate for 2 months anyhow. I broke my ankle on the leg a month before surgery. I had the surgery, I tore the cartilage in 2 places, spent 6 weeks in a machine 9 hours a day while on campus. Did therapy all summer, only to find out that I either never grew the tissue back, or i ground the new tissue away during therapy :wtc:. So now i'm left w/ about 10 square centimeters (2 square inches) of cartilage layering my femur that is either barely there, or non existant. So, my athletic career is essentially over, something that played a huge role in my life, and i'm going to be relegated to a life of coaching or simply not doing it anymore. I am guaranteed a knee replacement :hsd:

Cliffs: I'm missing 2 square inches of cartilage that lines the femur and allows my leg to bend smoothly due to 2 knee surgeries from wrestling mishaps.

My original idea was to get this tattooed as a leg band around the calf muscle, and I still like the idea a lot, but i'm not too sure how i would like it as a band since it would be difficult to read and i'm wary as to how it would turn out once an artist tweaked it (the original sketch i got online, but i've done a little bit of modifications on my own)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Please suggest ideas of what I could do, or what you might do given the situation.

2. meshuggahn

meshuggahn New Member

I wouls skip the reverse thing. It is cool, but ridiculously hard to read, especially when its wrapped around and not on a flat surface. If you really want it wrapped I would just choose a nice big font.

3. bigman7903

bigman7903 OT Supporter

yeah, hence my issues w/ that original design, i really like it, but it isnt gonna work there too well w/o something else or a different placement

4. Seraph

Seraph Guest

Meh. The whole reversible font tattoos are nifty, but they really just look like tribals for most, and a calf tattoo with words on it is generally meant for others to read as well as yourself.

If you get it in a band, you won't be able to read it. Also, you'd have to do a handstand for anyone to see it the other way. Why not get it done sideways from about under your armpit to about your waist? That way it's easy to read either/or.

Example:
    [​IMG]
    (Someone who copied off Method Man's "Life/Death" tattoo)

5. bigman7903

bigman7903 OT Supporter

yeah, i know, which is why i want to pretty much abandon the idea. The main reason for getting it on the leg is because the leg is what has been my main issue concerning health, and mental stability. The reason i wouldnt get it on my side is simply because i'm not shapely in any way shape or form, i've dropped 50lbs in about a year and a half so i have plenty of skin left over, i still have rolls, and more stretch marks than i care to admit.

I'm just looking for a new idea for the leg, a design, and idea, etc.

6. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

:rolleyes: Which Method Man copied off someone else.

7. bigman7903

bigman7903 OT Supporter

Ok, lets make this a touch easier, who are some artists who do artwork that could translate into tattoo's easier, like giger, luis royo, alex gray?

8. meshuggahn

meshuggahn New Member

Are you just looking for anything in general now that you might like? If thats the case I would just do searches for all sorts of art and see if anything catches your eye.

9. bigman7903

bigman7903 OT Supporter

I really like Gray's work, Giger is cool as well, Royo isnt really up my alley but I really liked his Fallen Angel (i actually think someone on here got it tattooed on their shoulder blade not so long ago). In all honesty, i don't know what I want, at first I only wanted a band on the calf, now i'm looking at doing the entire leg in a sleeve. I'm looking for art that is a little atypical, but can be turned into a tattoo easily.