TAT Tattoo Removal?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by xela, Jul 15, 2004.

1. xela

xela So say we all!

I'm thinking of getting a tattoo removed that's on my back. I got it when I was very young and I just don't like it. I love tattoos though, and since (I've heard) the tattoos don't get completley "gone" I'd like to get something to cover it.

My question is...can tattoo over the section you got removed or is that a no-no?

Thanks!

2. Phantom Empress

Phantom Empress mmmmmm tasty!!!

hmm... I've seen people get tattooed over scar tissue, though it looked a little wonky since the skin is kinda weird after scarring.

Is it completely uncoverable? I've seen some cover jobs that are AMAZING. and it'd be Cheaper (i imagine) to just tattoo over it than to get laser removal, wait for healing an then tattoo again.

:dunno:

3. xela

xela So say we all!

Well, It's pretty big, black think outlines, red in the middle. I've only talked to one tattoo artist about it and he said to cover it I'd have to do all black and 3 x the size of what is already is...I don't want anything that covers the top half of my back.

4. Phantom Empress

Phantom Empress mmmmmm tasty!!!

ooooh.. ok.. makes sense then

5. phigity

phigity New Member

talk to some other artists. i've seen some cover up jobs that are just plain awesome. laser remover is painful, takes many treatments, and it very costly. also sometimes i have heard it won't take out all the ink.

6. xela

xela So say we all!

Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of, which is why I was asking if you could go over the scarring. What I figure is, get at least some of the color removed and then cover up over it. I was also on the BMEC website and they said some artists use white ink to lighten the tattoo. I wonder if that's a possibility. I'm sure it would be more cost efficient. :bigthumb:

7. michelin man

michelin man IDB Construction

i had mine removed.
    for one it hurts like HELL
    and it cost me around 2K and i still need to go back one or two more times

8. DejaVooDoo

DejaVooDoo *Jojo*

wonky, huh? I like that word! :)

9. xela

xela So say we all!

I think I'm going to try a cover up. I've had some friends recommend some good artists in my area, so hopefully I'll have some luck!:x:

Now, I just have to decide what I want to get to cover this hideousness on my back! ;)