TAT tattoo question....

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Nomad, May 12, 2007.

1. Nomad

Nomad Active Member

i'm thinking about getting a tattoo but i'm in current combat sports training....which includes wrestling and other such sports......if i were to get a tattoo how long should i wait before even attempting to "roll around"?? i don't want to mess the ink up at all but don't know how long it would take for everything to be in order so i can get back to my routine, taking a break isn't a problem its just that i want to know how long to wait.....

thanks

edt :wiggle:

edit: oh the tattoo design i have in mind isn't going to be smaller than a fist and on my upper shoulder...if that helps...
    i will also try and host the tattoo design i would like to get done once i scan it and clean it up some....

here's the tattoo design, still not quite what i have in mind but give a fair enough idea.....

[​IMG]
    i want to make the Ying-Yang symbol stand out a bit more, like make the circle more apparent (i.e. add a line of skin between the black half and the tribal part)

oh and i also have a question about leg tattoos....is it a problem if someone has hairy legs? friend wanted to know....thanks

Last edited: May 12, 2007
  2. pigeon

pigeon wasabi

it takes about 2 weeks for a tattoo to heal fully (assuming all goes as it should) and i'm sure you could just shave your legs if you don't want the hair to get in the way for a leg tat.

3. JuniorH

JuniorH New Member

I take Thai 4 to 5 times a week, I just got a tattoo and I took a week off. It wasn't totally healed by the time I went back but I just didn't want it to get infected, that really sucks. You wont mess up the ink or anything man don't worry. Besides if you wear a shirt or rash guard or whatever it shouldn't be a problem.

4. jtl090179

jtl090179 Oh I get it, yeah. He's the girl, then you're the OT Supporter

yeah you wont mess up the color as much as you will irritate it, taking the skin a lot longer to heal and prone to infections. there are some pics of what an infection on a tattoo look like and they are absolutely horrorific. plus if you are an mma guy the other guys will know and they will attack your weak spot

5. Nomad

Nomad Active Member

ok thanks all....what i'll probably do is just get the tattoo a few weeks before my actual heavy training begins, meaning i'll take a break from the contact portion and just focus on cardio for a month or so.....
    :wavey:
    thanks

6. SmokeDog420

SmokeDog420 New Member

leave out the tribal

7. Nomad

Nomad Active Member

why? i like how it flows, but i might see if the artist can change the style some

8. HouseLing

HouseLing When masturbations lost its fun you'r fucking lazy

i got my chest done on a saturday afternoon, and was back in the dojo monday afternoon. did tequniques as well as full contact sparring that week, just asked them to watch strikeing to my chest. did grappling around thursday and didnt notice it at all. afterwards i was telling myself "that probobly wasnt a good idea, hope i didnt fuck it up" but it was fine. pretty much, your training partners can help make sure you can train through it. just take measures like any sort of injury.

pretty much, our rule of thumb after a tattoo is a week of light work, then the next week back at full. for me, it took about a week and a half for it to be 100% and to not feel it a bit when i got hit there.

biggest peice of advice i would give is to make sure you keep it clean. go wash it off asap after workouts, definately dont keep a sweaty shirt on over it any longer than necessary.

9. Nomad

Nomad Active Member

thanks!

i'll keep that in mind....might also get a leg tattoo around the same time....still debating which one to get first though....

10. lick wid nit wit

lick wid nit wit Official OT Oracle

I agree with the other poster, the tribal just ruins the yingyang. Too much shitty tribal out there and this is one of them.

11. pigeon

pigeon wasabi

:werd:

my last tat got infected and it was beyond horrific. :noes:

12. HouseLing

it was all bubbly :noes:

13. Nomad

Nomad Active Member

ok....i'll see if i can find other Ying Yang designs....i saw a couple of :cool: ones the other day on a site.....i'll upload them and see what OT thinks....:wavey:

14. HouseLing

fuck OT, this is for you. its going on your body, make it something you will enjoy for the rest of your life.

15. Nomad

Nomad Active Member

okeydokey....