TAT tattoo question

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by low20, Mar 21, 2006.

1. low20

low20 Member

Hey guys, I got my tattoo in September, then I went back in Novermber to have it touched up a bit, and darkened a bit. Now 4 almost 5 months later, I find that it itches a lot. It feels a bit raised also. Im curious if its due to the fact that its on my back, between my shoulder blades and i stand in the shower sometimes for a while with the hot water on my back. You think its just in need of some lotion being tht its winter and my skin is dry? If not, what other suggstions do you have? I did everything correctly in the healing process but I have not been putting lotion on it for a while now. I now wonder if your supposed to lotion it all the time or if thats just during the healing process. Thanks all..

2. Sarge21

Sarge21 Frau am Steuer Ungeheuer!

is it color? is there red in it?

3. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

Probably just dry skin. moisturize

4. low20

low20 Member

its black...theres a really really small amount of white, but no red. il have to lube it up...is it bad that ive been itching it? its not like theres scabs on it anymore so id guess its fine

5. Yeti

Yeti New Member

get a pretty girl to give you a back rub, and put some lotion on your tat in the process.

6. ally

ally awh kittah

Mine is in a similar place and also black...but i don't recall having the same problem that far after the tat. I agree with the lotion and if it doesn't start feeling better in a bit I would check in with your artist!

Good luck! :wavey:

7. jtl090179

jtl090179 Oh I get it, yeah. He's the girl, then you're the OT Supporter

if its raised in areas, it could be that you got gouged from the tatooer, or your body is rejecting some of the ink. it happens, mine get itchy from time to time too

8. Phantom Empress

Phantom Empress mmmmmm tasty!!!

when i'm tired, sick or stressed, my tattoo raises up and gets itchy :dunno: it just happens.

9. wheresthejon

wheresthejon OT Supporter

whats with red making it itch?

10. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

iron oxide in the pigment causes an irritation in your skin

11. Libera

Libera New Member

I have the same problem with two of mine, they start to itch and the skin raises. What worries me if that I have blacklight ink in the two that do this. Anyone ideas? I know I shouldn't have gotten the blacklight ink.

12. kuzikan

kuzikan New Member

wow, i was just about to get my new tatt outlined in black light ink. every one i knows says not to do it. The company i am buying from, http://www.bodyartstores.com states they will not cause problems. I want it outlined in clear, it would be a lot of ink that's why i haven't gone through with it.

13. Sarge21

Sarge21 Frau am Steuer Ungeheuer!

that and all red pigments regardless of iron oxide content have mildly toxic ingredients

14. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

blacklight pigments haven't been tested enough to prove they won't cause irritations. everyone i know that has been tattooed with it says it gets crazy itchy if it gets brushed against or too hot.

15. LocoStrange

LocoStrange New Member

Blacklight tattoos seem to risky for me. Maybe if they did more tests on it, I might have no problem with it but as far as now, that just seems to dangerious and risky to have done.

16. Libera

Libera New Member

Yeah, if I even bump them when I brush my hair they start to itch terribly. I told my dermatologist about it, but he just gave me some anti itch lotion for them. He didn't give me any reason why it would itch like that.