MIL Tattoo Q

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by teabagn, Feb 21, 2009.

1. teabagn

teabagn New Member

I have a tattoo right below my collar bone, and the AF policy is to not have it ABOVE your collar bone... Do you think this will cause a hassle?

2. teabagn

teabagn New Member

Oh yeah and I guess it would help to say that it's not visible when I'm wearing a collared shirt... I wore a collared shirt at my last meeting with my recruiter and he didn't say anything...

A while back ago when I was talking with the Marine recruiter he said it wasn't a problem, but I've yet to ask my AF recruiter... According to what I've read and what is described as an open collared uniform, it shouldn't be a problem, I'm just wondering if it'll be a hassle down @ meps or something...

AND it's nothing obscene, it's latin script that reads "Audaces Fortuna Iuvat" --- "Fortune Favors the Brave"

3. willijdub

willijdub New Member

worst case scenario... get a waiver?

4. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

You answered your own question.

5. teabagn

teabagn New Member

Yeah I know that, but it seems the AF is really strict with their guidelines, and I don't want it to cause a hassle.

Thanks for your input fellas... Can't wait to get my ass down to MEPS and get under oath :)

6. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

If you are joining the AF, one piece of advice: The AF is a game. In order to play the game you have to know the rules. The rules are AFIs. If it is done in the AF, there is an AFI that rules over it. If something seems wrong or you are getting screwed, read the AFI. Use the AFI to fight for you.

I recently ran into a problem, and had I listened to my Chain of Command (CoC), I would have been screwed. The AFI said differently, and I stuck by it. Now I am not screwed.

7. teabagn

teabagn New Member

Air Force Instruction code? I've tried looking for a set of guidelines online, but I can't seem to find any. (I've been looking on Google) Is that something I can ask my recruiter about?